free website stats program upgrade sound system | Harley Davidson Forums

upgrade sound system

ironmark

I want to Upgrade the sound system on my 08 RG I want a amp that will mount in the fairing & top of the line speakers , any input would be great .

Go to hogtunes, and check out the speakers. I will be ugrading to these soon (soon as I put on a pair of Jackpot slip-ons!). The comparison between the stock speakers and the Hogtunes speakers pretty much shows it all. They have an amp kit, etc. etc. Pretty much exactly what you're asking about.

I do not have the tour pak & hogtunes did not have a front speaker & amp kit , I can get front speakers but the amp is not available unless I get a rear speaker package . I did not see any specs on the amp or info about upgrading the bikes electrical system to handle the extra electrical draw created from the amp . Also I would have to take off the inner fairing to install the speakers - amp & I have never done this so what am I getting myself into .

I do not have the tour pak & hogtunes did not have a front speaker & amp kit , I can get front speakers but the amp is not available unless I get a rear speaker package . I did not see any specs on the amp or info about upgrading the bikes electrical system to handle the extra electrical draw created from the amp . Also I would have to take off the inner fairing to install the speakers - amp & I have never done this so what am I getting myself into .

I'm also looking into replacing my OEM speakers with hog tune speakers you can install them without the amp and thy still sound much better than the stock speakers.

I found the best place to buy new ones is on E-Bay. I think the price was $81.00 with free shipping for front speakers.

I'm going to buy a pair but I need to sell some extra HD parts that I have laying around first.

is there any differance between the hogtunes & the speakers on E-Bay & do they offer a ampthat wil plug & play ??

I put the Hogtunes speakers in my SG, and they are significantly better than OEM. You might look at hawg-wired.com. They've got what look to be some nice speakers & amps, and you can get a set that is only an amp & 2 speakers. They are more expensive than Hogtunes.

I just installed an ARC 125.2 Mini amp and ARC KS5026 speakers on my Road Glide.I fit the amp in the fairing.The sound is awsome!
Going to add some speakers in the lowers.

I got a e-mail from Hogtunes today , they do offer a 2 speaker & amp kit , you also need the RG wiring harness , I can not recall the exact price but it around $350 . Anyone tell me on how hard is it to remove the inner fairing ??

I just installed an ARC 125.2 Mini amp and ARC KS5026 speakers on my Road Glide.I fit the amp in the fairing.The sound is awsome!
Going to add some speakers in the lowers.

I have heard great things about ARC. I have not heard one, but from all the people feedback that have them I would definetely check it out before making a decision. Every single review I have seen has them recommended. They can't all be wrong....Can they? LOL! Good luck with your decision, let us know.

Back