free website stats program Unfamiliar with CB use. | Harley Davidson Forums

Unfamiliar with CB use.

horizonchaser

Contributor
I just recently had my PTT (push to talk) switch on my Ultra fixed. I was never really into CB's so I'm not really that familiar with them. But now that it is fixed I'd like to use it. One thing that stuck in my mind when I bought my bike was the Tech guy there who said he found himself using his CB more and more. He said it was useful when he would hear a warning over the air about a broken tire in the middle of the road or maybe an accident up ahead. Do you guys (and ladies) use your CB's? Stupid question but is there a preferred channel to tune in to or should I keep searching until I find some people talking?
Any input would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Horizonchaser

I don't use my C.B alot. Only when riding with groups and we just pick a channel before we start out on a trip. Most of the time we pick one of the upper channels 35 or something. Hoghunter

Most bikers that I know use channel 1. A lot of times on the road when we meet a group of riders they will call out to us. So it seems to be the common one here.:breakdance

I use channel 19 as it is the truckers channel and I can hear about the accidents and road debris up ahead and I also chat with them once in a while as most of them are friendly and quite a few are fellow bikers.

Channel 19 is the trucker channel and channel 9 is the emergency channel. only transmit when everyone else is done it kinda ticks people off if you transmit over top of them.

Here's a kinda "funny", (but not in a "ha-ha" way) thought.....

I used my CB maybe once or twice, (and probably more realistically, never), and just recently installed a detach kit for my tour-pak, which eliminated my antennas, (they put a hidden fairing antenna in for the radio but the CB has nothing), and I like the look so much I don't imagine putting the tour-pak back on unless I go on a long trip.

That said, NOW, I "miss" my CB!!!!!

Although I always have my cell phone, having the CB was comforting somehow, like knowing you had another way to contact the world in an emergency.

Now that I CAN'T use it, I often find myself wishing I could if I needed to!

Is this just a another manifestation of my well documented paranoia, or is this fear well-grounded??

:D

You can put a CB antennae under the fairing too!:D

They put your hidden antennae in the wrong place,probably cable tied it to a harness,they are good at that! Remove your outer fairing and stick a piece of velcro on it aprox.4" above your headlight,then stick a piece on the antennae and put it there,your reception will be as good as the whip:D

Back