free website stats program Unfamiliar with CB use. | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Unfamiliar with CB use.

Here's a kinda "funny", (but not in a "ha-ha" way) thought.....

I used my CB maybe once or twice, (and probably more realistically, never), and just recently installed a detach kit for my tour-pak, which eliminated my antennas, (they put a hidden fairing antenna in for the radio but the CB has nothing), and I like the look so much I don't imagine putting the tour-pak back on unless I go on a long trip.

That said, NOW, I "miss" my CB!!!!!

Although I always have my cell phone, having the CB was comforting somehow, like knowing you had another way to contact the world in an emergency.

Now that I CAN'T use it, I often find myself wishing I could if I needed to!

Is this just a another manifestation of my well documented paranoia, or is this fear well-grounded??

:D
As Joni Mitchell once said " Don't it always seem to go that you don't know what you got 'till it's gone"
Yeah, get the radio back, definitely. When I get tired of playing CD's I'll put the radio on for a change. The WB (weather band) chanell can be annoying though. Every time I put it on they're always talking about showers!

They put your hidden antennae in the wrong place,probably cable tied it to a harness,they are good at that! Remove your outer fairing and stick a piece of velcro on it aprox.4" above your headlight,then stick a piece on the antennae and put it there,your reception will be as good as the whip:D

Good call on the CB antenna, and make sure you ALWAYS have an antenna/load attached, so if you KEY the mike in TRANSMIT mode...it will try to shove 100W on the output RF amplifier stage or your CB days will be short lived. :small3d004: Kind of like not hooking up your speakers to your stereo, to properly load the output stage, then turning it on at high volume...the output voltage to your amp will rise and damage the audio output driver stage big time.

Last edited:
I'm a luddite, bought my fancy '09 Ultra Classic in November after riding a Road King. Took me a month to figure out the radio, 3 months before I tried using the cruise control and last week before I finally used the CB radio. Met with a friend to go riding together, called him on the CB when I was closed to the meet up point, and to chat during the ride. Well sir I have come to Jesus. I love the technology on this bike and the CB is one of the coolest things about it!

Glad to hear your "Born Again..." HD experience! Technology in moderation is a very good thing.:D

Just fyi make sure radio is matched to antenna or you ll fry the radio.Simple to check Radio shack or any truck stop sell a swr meter should be 20.00 just follow directions will be glad you did you should be able to get about 20 mile strong receiving and sending and never enclose a cb antenna (hiding it) it shortens your output and input.If you Every in Michigan just holler for Deerslayer on ch 19 thats my handle:D

We use ours when in groups, when we get stretched out to warn about road debrie, make sure everyone is making through the curves, and to let those behind the leader to know about the on comming traffic, and when it is clear to pass

Back