Unbelievable..........

Discussion in 'General Harley Davidson Topic' started by pookibr, Jun 15, 2009.

1. pookibr

pookibr Active Member

2. R. Lewis

R. Lewis Senior Member Retired Moderators

Unreal !!! To be ran over in a poker run by another bike!!!!!

3. Sharky1948

Sharky1948 Junior Member

And, of course, the other guy had been drinking...

There was an (unnamed) organization around here organizing a poker run from bar to bar. They were surprised to learn that they couldn't obtain insurance. Imagine that!?!?!?!?!

4. The4opps1

The4opps1 Junior Member

And, of course, the story of the accident overshadows what is a very good cause...

5. pookibr

pookibr Active Member

I couldnt believe the biker that ran over her left. They said she is in the hospital for head injuries. Havent heard how she is doing. Most of the poker runs that are in this area go from bar to bar. I didnt know they had any other kind.

6. Crazyfrog

Crazyfrog Active Member

Unbelievable. Unfortunatly, bad things happen all too often on charity runs.

7. cedarbrook63

cedarbrook63 Junior Member

That's a bad story. Hope that lady will be ok.

It's brave or foolhardy mixing grog with riding. I don't trust myself to ride safely personally if I'd had "one or two" and so I stick to non-alc when on my bike. Might seem wussie to some but then do I give a hoot? Nope.

8. R. Lewis

R. Lewis Senior Member Retired Moderators

Yea - a doofus on a scoot DRUNK while on a CHARITY run! Give the whole day a bad rap!! Just plain ignorance on the the one that was drinking!!

9. Shifter

Shifter Active Member

I'm not surprised he kept going when he ran the poor lady biker over. Probably had a couple of beers in him and panicked. Just because he was riding a bike doesn't make him any more or less sympathetic to other bikers. All he was thinking about was himself. I found out years ago booze and bikes don't mix... I trashed a nice '75 CB360T that I went down on in Tucson after a night at the club. Luckily I walked away and no one else was hurt. No more of that nonsense for me after that.

10. Roadrunner57

Roadrunner57 Member

I hope the lady will be okay. Prayers and thoughts with her and her family.