free website stats program Unbelievable.......... | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Unbelievable..........

Im going to go see her later today. I met her about 3 weeks ago and we were talking about getting together to go riding. I didnt know that it was her in the accident until I found her name and phone number she gave me. She is about 55 miles away in the hospital. I tried her room but didnt get an answer. I have a doc appt in a little bit and will head to the hospital from there. I'll let you know how she is doing.

Bad deal all the way around. Hope she fairs well.

I tried one poker run & quickly decided I didn't like riding with such large groups that have no issues with drinking and riding. My other complaint is that while on the poker run, the 'group' rode at warp speed on the country roads, then would get to a bar & have a couple & take off again at warp speed; times that by 5 stops, not my cup of tea. No maps issued for the proposed route etc, so any inexperienced rider would feel obligated to push the boundaries to keep up. Maybe an unorganized event, maybe they are all like that. Myself, I'll prefer to make a donation & then strike off with the hubby and enjoy a nice scenic ride.

Be careful out there. :s

I went to see Diane and she is in really bad shape. She has a broken neck, back, shoulder and 4 ribs. She has a halo on her head. Her face is pretty skinned up too. I guess when the guy hit her she hadnt hit the pavement yet. She was airborn. They were taking her to surgery when I got there. They were going to do surgery on her shoulder. I asked her if she remembered me and she said that she did. So that was good. I told her I would come back to visit her next week. Her kids were all there for her surgery. Please keep her in your prayers. I know they really helped me. Thanx!

Again, I hope she fairs well. Will remember her in the prayers.

Not to change the subject here, but PB, how did your doctors appt. go? Hope you are fairing well.

Pook,
Please let her know that we're praying for a full recovery for her here in Dayton. I saw that on the news, but they didn't say her condition just that she went to the hospital. I heard they got the guy who ran her over. I would imagine it wasn't even his fault if she was airborne when he hit her. He was probably right behind her. But he shouldn't have left her... that was very wrong.

Glad to hear you're getting better as well.

Walt

Again, I hope she fairs well. Will remember her in the prayers.

Not to change the subject here, but PB, how did your doctors appt. go? Hope you are fairing well.

My doc appt was with my regular doc. semi annual checkup. I go back to the ortho doc next month. Thank you for asking. Im doing pretty good. Walking better & better. Not back to work yet. figure we will discuss that on my next visit.

My doc appt was with my regular doc. semi annual checkup. I go back to the ortho doc next month. Thank you for asking. Im doing pretty good. Walking better & better. Not back to work yet. figure we will discuss that on my next visit.

Good to hear you are doing better & getting ready to get back to work. :s

Our prayers are with her.

Poker runs are common here on the coast as well. The same thing. Run and gun to get to the next bar to slam down as many as you can before heading to the next. I don't do them. I don't mind donating to a cause but I refuse to ride. Me and other ride club members will sign up and pay but just don't ride.

I hate to say this but as bikes become more popular, the greater the danger becomes from others than cagers. I know everyone must travel that first mile but for everybodys safety, take a safety course, focus on the reason for the charity event and leave the adult beverages till days end.

Just my thoughts.

Respects to all.....Joe

My thoughts are with her. Hope she has a full recovery.

I don't do many poker runs for all the boozing and cruizing.

Back