free website stats program Ultra intercom | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Ultra intercom

Another solution...single word: Bluetooth Many of your cellphones, headsets and modern players are getting away from wire connections, which makes the most sense for a "seamless" integration of communication, radio, cb, tunes and navigator all in one.

As Mattman says...nothing like a little overkill, but modern communications should be hands and wirefree don't you think?

Do Ultra's have blue tooth? It's an 03.

No bike has OEM Bluetooth that I'm aware of. Not even a BMW which is a techno geeks play land for sure.

Untrue, most of your upper end luxury cars like Acura, BMW, Lexus had that feature in their vehicles in 2007 or so...as STANDARD?!!! But then if you pay $50 Grand or more, expectations should be a little high -- wait -- the bar was raised in 2010 $68 Grand or more, (inflation and economy, pesky things they are; Harleys still are in the $35-40 Grand range, so I guess their too eh...low budget) :newsmile07:

That is why aftermarket application is so prevalent...Navigator option in a car $1200, option on your HD $900, for the everyday man starts from $100 up...all it takes is money, time and patience...there are affordable options, you just have to really want it and really look hard for it. Just remember, think seamless solution for your bike electronics BEFORE you buy piece by piece, it will all add up that you will save money if you think things out rather than buying on impulse.

Last edited:
I have blue tooth in my Maxima and it works great for my phone and GPS. The AutoCom communications unit offers blue tooth as an option.This doesn't solve the problem of talking to an Ultra's system from another bike that's not an Ultra. From what I am reading here and other places you have to go the CB route or to 2-way radios with one for each bike.

It is possible to buy helmets with built in bluetooth and if you get the correct helmets they can be paired to give helmet to helmet comms up to 500 meters

Brian

Back