free website stats program Ultra intercom | Harley Davidson Forums

Ultra intercom

glenalt

Can you hook an FM transmitter/receiver to the Ultras system to talk to another rider that's not an Ultra?

Hi Glen, are you talking about rider to pillion or bike to bike...? A little more detail will help.

The accessory jack is only for transmitting. Like plugging in an iPod or some other digatla player. I don't know of a way to wire through an FM transmitter raido (like a motorola) to use the ultra headset to talk through.

If you are going to the expense of getting an FM talker, the additional headset is not going to be that much more. You would probably have to turn off the intercom /CB on the ultra but you wind up with a headset on each side.

The accessory jack is only for transmitting. Like plugging in an iPod or some other digatla player. I don't know of a way to wire through an FM transmitter raido (like a motorola) to use the ultra headset to talk through.

If you are going to the expense of getting an FM talker, the additional headset is not going to be that much more. You would probably have to turn off the intercom /CB on the ultra but you wind up with a headset on each side.

Let me make sure I understand. That means the Ultra rider would have 2 headsets on?

Might just be easyier to get the second bike a hands free walkie/ talkie & use the cb on the ultra - that way they have their own head set.

Might just be easyier to get the second bike a hands free walkie/ talkie & use the cb on the ultra - that way they have their own head set.

I suppose I could do that and just get an ear bud for him on the Ultra. That way he could talk to his rider and listen to his tunes while we cruise up to Maine in May.

Another solution...single word: Bluetooth Many of your cellphones, headsets and modern players are getting away from wire connections, which makes the most sense for a "seamless" integration of communication, radio, cb, tunes and navigator all in one.

As Mattman says...nothing like a little overkill, but modern communications should be hands and wirefree don't you think?

Back