free website stats program Trickle chargers/maintainers | Harley Davidson Forums

Trickle chargers/maintainers

You can get a faulty one by any brand but I'd say just stay away from Harbor Freight. I've got Battery Tender Jr. and Black & Decker for a 6V option. Both have been working fine.

You can get a faulty one by any brand but I'd say just stay away from Harbor Freight. I've got Battery Tender Jr. and Black & Decker for a 6V option. Both have been working fine.

I will second this thought. I have been using a couple of Battery Tender Jrs for several years. Prior to that I had a Walmart special because I was too cheap to pay for the brand name one. After the Wally World special cooked a $150.00 battery, the other one looked cheap.

While Tender and Tender Jr are the most recognized, I am using this one with good results plus it is always on sale and made for Sears by Schumaker DieHard Battery Charger/Maintainer : Exclusively Available at Sears

Gotta agree. I've had a Schumaker for 15 years and it still works flawlessly. Bought a second one last year for Momma's bike at Tractor Supply. $20.00!! I had been switching the charger between the two bikes every two weeks, no more!

The old and new one have protection circuits and are a quality product. They don't have all the bells and whistles of some of the fancier, more expensive ones, but I never had the need for other features. Mine were not Sears, but I imagine it's the same thing since it is made by Schumaker.

JMO,
joe

Last edited:
While Tender and Tender Jr are the most recognized, I am using this one with good results plus it is always on sale and made for Sears by Schumaker DieHard Battery Charger/Maintainer : Exclusively Available at Sears

Gotta agree. I've had a Schumaker for 15 years and it still works flawlessly. Bought a second one last year for Momma's bike at Tractor Supply. $20.00!! I had been switching the charger between the two bikes every two weeks, no more!

The old and new one have protection circuits and are a quality product. They don't have all the bells and whistles of some of the fancier, more expensive ones, but I never had the need for other features. Mine were not Sears, but I imagine it's the same thing since it is made by Schumaker.

JMO,
joe

The link shows alligator type clips. Can you easily convert it to the pigtail that most of us have permanently installed on our batteries?

The link shows alligator type clips. Can you easily convert it to the pigtail that most of us have permanently installed on our batteries?

Both my chargers came with attachment cables that allow you to hook into the battery, have about 10-12" of wire, with quick connect plug. Momma's bike is a bear to get at the battery, now I just pull off the side cover and hook the charger to the quick connector, plug in, forget about it. Nice rig.

Wal-Mart, Schumacher inexpensive and have not let me down in 10 years...

Back