free website stats program Trickle chargers/maintainers | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Trickle chargers/maintainers

I have a solar powered Schumacher that keeps the battery on the shovelhead right where it should be. But this is probably the type of question that if you ask 20 people you'll get 20 different answers.

The link shows alligator type clips. Can you easily convert it to the pigtail that most of us have permanently installed on our batteries?

The Sears charger comes with 2 pigtails, alligator clips and an accessory plug also, you can buy extra pigtails with fuses in them in the Auto center:s

I have a Schumacher xm1-5 bought at Walmart for $20.00 on my Road King Also have the Harley Tender on my Ultra. Both work well. Would by the Schumacher as it works great and cost almost nothing.

Deltron manufactures the Battery Tender and Jr, I have the Jr and it works very well no issues in several years of use. Schumacher makes very good products as well, I have a charger that is pushing 40 years old and still works very well.

Battery Tender Jr. for me. Works great although, my bike never sits still for more then a day usually.

I don't think a battery tender really matters that much. I'd pick up anyone that's on amazon with decent reviews and not over priced... I myself, have a walmart charger I picked up for 18$...

Have Walmart trickle charger paid $15.00 for it. Most of the time it's not the charger that go bad, it's the battery and people blame it on the charger......Just ordered another $15.00 trickle charger for my tractor and zero turn. The high dollar chargers are good for bragging rights.....

Back