free website stats program Trailer Hitch Reciever or Not ? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Trailer Hitch Reciever or Not ?

The receiver type hitch is what I use and I use a Rivco you can remove the ball and not see any hitch, I would recommend a swivel hitch I have see bikes pulled over from taking the curves to aggressively and wind can blow it over also if the trailer goes the bike will also go over.
Check out RIVCO Products, Inc.

I have a Kuryaken hitch and a plug and play wiring harness. It is simple and neat. I live and ride the mountains of east Tennessee and western North Carolina. Even riding the twisting roads around here I've encountered no need for a swivel hitch. The reciever hitch does give a slightly cleaner look, but I like using my ball as a bumper when I back into my garage I can just back up until it touches the wall and I get all the way back with never touching any other part of the bike against the wall.

I have a receiver hitch on my Roadking. When it is removed it is invisible as the receiver is vertical up inside bottom of fender. I also have the wiring converter etc. I am taking it all off here in about a week or so as I sold my trailer last year. I also have a cool little platform that goes into the hitch so you can carry a cooler (with or without your trailer) or some golf clubs or whatever. My trailer had a swivel hitch and it was very nice . Don't want to hit you with a sales pitch but this stuff I have will be for sale once its off and I see you are right next door in B.C. If you are interested in my parts private msg me and we can talk.

===============================================

Update; Sorry. I don't think that will fit your bike even if you wanted it? I forgot that they changed the fender etc later on. Some of us old guys are stuck in old days. LOL

===============================================

Last edited by a moderator:
Back