free website stats program Tour pack vibration | Harley Davidson Forums

Tour pack vibration

I have a 09 ultra and the tour pack is vibrating on the passengers back, has anyone had this problem, or any idears on a fix.

How about a solo seat? :D LOL...Just kidding.

Is it fastened securely , maybe check the mounts. Shouldn't be much vibes there at all.

no good on a solo seat, every thing seams to be tight enough. I had a 89 ultra that did the same thing but on my 07 ultra it was ok.

Agree with the chk for bolt tightness.

Mine's a little older, but those pesky bolts loosen up from time to time. Also, Check the tube rail it sits on. Including mine, I know of one other person's rail that cracked all the way thru just ahead of the bolt, and needed to be replaced...though I'd be surprised if that cracked on an '09.

My 08 made alot of noise on the way home the first day, removed the bags to check the mounting bolts, but I found the mounting area behind the lic. plate was most of the cause, 1 bolt was held there by the temp. paper plate, the other was almost out, great dealer prep job befor delivery,guess the $500.00 plus they charge didn't count towards loose bolts, the other noise came from the pass. back rest pad, there is a 3 point mounting and the center has a steel triangle that pionts to a plate mounted to the body of the trunk. Try to reach back and push the back rest when hitting those bumps the cause the noise to see if this makes the sound go away, I ended up gluiing a piece of flat rubber to insulate the metal to metal sound

Make sure the nylon washers were installed at both contact points of the four bolts that secure the tourpack (between the rack and the tourpack and under the aluminum plate) without these the vibration on your passengers back would be quite unpleasant

My 09 did this for a very short period of time. It was actually the rear pad vibrating. (The furthest rear most upper part) It stopped on its own, don't know why. On the 120 mile trip home it nearly drove me nuts. The person following me seen it from behind, otherwise I may not have known what it was. It just stopped. Go figure.

Back