free website stats program Tour pack vibration | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Tour pack vibration

My 09 did this for a very short period of time. It was actually the rear pad vibrating. (The furthest rear most upper part) It stopped on its own, don't know why. On the 120 mile trip home it nearly drove me nuts. The person following me seen it from behind, otherwise I may not have known what it was. It just stopped. Go figure.

I think I would dig into this one a little more, good luck.

His '09 doesn't mount to the frame at the license plate like '08-earlier did. His is completey different.

I think you may be mistaken. Models with the tour pack still have the license plate frame above the tail light and below tour pack. At least my '09 Ultra does. I found several loose bolts when I inspected my bike. Dealer prep is seldom as good as Owner prep.

Lew is right and one advantage of that is if you go for the quick removal kit you don't have to relocate the plate like you have to on earlier models

I had the same problem with my 08 and ended up putting rubber washers under the metal one plus a thin rubber strip along the rail. Didn't go away entirely but helped a lot.

The license frame is below the tour pak in the same place, but the support frame on the '09s doesn't use this to mount to the bike chassis as on ealier models.

Understood. The license plate bracket hangs freely from under the tour pack. The bracket also has two "wings" that could easily rattle against the support bracket if pulled too far towards the rear of the bike. I had to push my bracket slightly forward to ensure it didn't rattle against anything. I hope you found your problem, there nothing worse than having an unhappy little lady.

Back