free website stats program Torx Sizes | Harley Davidson Forums

Torx Sizes

cyborg

I`m going to see the Snap-on man tomorrow and i want to get some Torx sockets, Anyone know what sizes i need for an 09 super glide?

There's others too. Get the set but make sure it has the T27, most sets don't include that size.

as glider said they use some others but t-27 isnt usually in the sets but is the most important.. if ya got the bike there when snap on is there ask um to run out and see how it fits some are not as tight as the others .. i swaped couple t-27 till i could find one that fit right

Be careful what you buy off the Snap on truck.A 3/8"/1/4" torx socket set will run you near $300.When I say be careful Im reffering to the Blue point sets they sell at a much cheeper price.Some of the blue point stuff carries a 1 year or no warrenty at all.They sell bit sets in torx which may be the best bang for your buck.The Snap On bits are warrentied for life and the Blue points are not.Also note that some of the torx bolts on your scoot are not torx but torx plus.The sizes are the same ...T8,T10,T15,20,25,27 etc. There is a difference between torx and torx plus.While a std. torx say a T30 will fit in a T30 torx plus bolt head, the tips are pointed vs. squared off on a torx plus and can strip out the bolt.

Standard TORX Tools Index
45 Standard Wiha TORX Styles

Select the Proper TORX Tool

See TORX Plus Improved Design For Longer Life & Higher torque
See TORX Security known as Tamper Proof / Tamper Resistant.
See TORX Screw Holding For work Positioning/Limited Access
See TORX Ball End Drivers For Limited Access and Easy Entry

i bought my torx 3/8 drive settfrom sears they have worked great and with a lifetime warrenty unless you plan on opening up a bike shop i don't realy see why you need to spend that much on snap-on stuff

i bought my torx 3/8 drive settfrom sears they have worked great and with a lifetime warrenty unless you plan on opening up a bike shop i don't realy see why you need to spend that much on snap-on stuff

even then ya dont need snap on

yea bud snap-on tools are made to hold up to someone useing them 365 days a year none stop=COST ALLOT

i used to do auto repair and let me tell ya all but the special stuff ya didn't need nothing other than craftsman .. and if i broke it no week for the truck to get a new one

its what i use in job now still works just fine and heck lot cheaper if they get swiped

Last edited:
Back