free website stats program Toll Roads | Harley Davidson Forums

Toll Roads

kemo

R.I.P
Just got back from a trip to Key West Florida, we took the Florida Turnpike all the way. Over $21 each way. I think that is a bit of a rip off for a motorcyle. I hope I never see another toll road in my life. It wasn't my disision to take the pike so I figure I can complain. Key West was dead, you could roll a bowling ball down Duvell St. but we had a good time anyway.
kemo

Just got back from a trip to Key West Florida, we took the Florida Turnpike all the way. Over $21 each way. I think that is a bit of a rip off for a motorcyle. I hope I never see another toll road in my life. It wasn't my disision to take the pike so I figure I can complain. Key West was dead, you could roll a bowling ball down Duvell St. but we had a good time anyway.
kemo

Stay away from NJ if you do not like toll roads. We have the pleasure of having the New Jersey Turnpike and the Garden State Parkway. Yeah you can avoid them but getting to some areas that would add a ton of time to your trip.

Too bad you took the turnpike, you missed a lot of the back country with some nice pull overs but in the long run it probably would have cost more then $21.00. How about posting some pic's of you're trip for the rest of us stuck up here in the snow country:(

About 10 years ago my wife and I were crossing the Golden Gate bridge in S.F. on the bike pulling a trailor. It's about 5:30 PM, commute time, and the guy in the toll booth tells me that bikes are free go ahead. Then he yells STOP and come back. Right I'm suppose to back up, he tells me that because I have 3 axles, because of the trailor, I have to pay commercial rates. What an idiot. What could I do?

David

kemo

At least you where safer than riding on I-95! It would have been better if you ran 27 thru the middle of the state, then cut over to the turnpike to by-pass Miami..

You did miss some of the best parts of the state, along with some great "off the beaten path" roads.

I'm with you on the West Va. Turnpike, Jaceddie. You pay a toll for what?,
That is absolutely one of the worst maintained roads in the US.
I've also been on the Pennsylvania Turnpike which is a toll road, it's ridiculous too.:bigsmiley29:

NJ Turnpike is a better deal....$9.00 for the entire lenght. GSP is about the same. To be fair, the tolls go to subsidizing the rest centers and gas stations along the way along with paying all the salaries and services. The taxpayers don't pay much to support those roads.

The Garden State Parkway wised up and did away with a lot of the toll booths and EZPass made the trip quicker. The GSP is just a nicer raod....when not backed up.

Back