free website stats program Toll Roads | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Toll Roads

The turnpikes are good some places and where they are not good they are really bad. The PA pike is probably the woirst toll road I have been on. Been through WV a couple of times in the car on the pike but when there on the bike we susually find a different way to go. The non toll roads in WV I have found to be great and very well maintained.

I fly through turnpikes on my MC. Never yet have any state sent me a citation. I go through them regularly here. And I can tell you from experience, the few times I have went through with my truck and forgot my pass, I got a notice. Never been in New Jersey, But Oklahoma, Texas, Kansas and Colorado have never sent me anything. Maybe lucky but I think they toss em.

Whoops, I take that back, my wife just informed me I did pay in Colorado! Got a notice via mail I did not know about.....

NJ takes pictures of your license plate as you go thru. If the vehicle is registered for EZPass, they just take it off your account.

Thank you for the heads up regarding toll roads; with GPS, it is one of the questions it asks to avoid them. Honestly just thought it was a ho-hum feature, but paying $21 in Florida is not my idea of a great ride. At least riding 2 wheels permits you to ride in the HOV lane here in Calfornia...but that too could change.

The turnpikes are good some places and where they are not good they are really bad. The PA pike is probably the woirst toll road I have been on. Been through WV a couple of times in the car on the pike but when there on the bike we susually find a different way to go. The non toll roads in WV I have found to be great and very well maintained.

WV has some great riding with very good roads. US 60 is a great way to bypass the turnpike, and it's one of the best rides in this part of the country.

Agree w/the fact on toll roads being a tad spendy in some states (i.e. FL, NJ, etc.). Although these roads do have maint. expenses & gain revenue for state programs...you'd think w/the lg volume of vehicles passing through they'd have reasonable prices. Might be time to write your state official(s) in disghust.

Guess I won't complain about paying $0.75 each way to go from NE to IA on some of our area toll bridges.

Thats Ok the toll will come off once it is paid for. They told us that in FLA over 45 years ago.
I lived there when they started that road

Maine did the samething,20 years then it will be free, 60 years later we're paying through the nose:bigsmiley29:

In Ontario we have the 407 ETA. It is an all electronic highway. The camera takes your picture and they send you the bill. It has different rates for times of day. The highway was making money so what does the government do, they sell it to some foreign country. We still provide policing though.
kemo

Back