free website stats program to the moderators | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

to the moderators

I'm new here, most of the reason I'm here is I have gotten sick of the other boards flaming and language. I'm no prude, I cuss a blue streak frequently, but I don't find it necessary to use it to convey my point in print. In fact the more I see/hear it in everyday life, and the movies the less I am inclined to use it. My opinions on and about mcy. safety and repairs often differ from some, but I don't belittle someone who's opinion differs from mine. My thanks to the moderators for the time and effort they put forth to keep this a civil place to read and learn about one of our passions.

Thanks for posting that Breeze3at. We try hard to keep the forum free of language like so many others.

In a nutshell, if you spend the time to compose, spell or alter a swear word in your post, you conciously knew it was wrong. Or if your Mom or underage Kids would find it objectionable why not "clean it up", by reading it before you hit the "Post button..."

Public address skills whether guest speaking or spending time to think before writing something down is way to short; amd real conversation is a dying art. as is reading comprehension...just talk to a person counting how many times they use the word "like" or simply "uhh" even public figures in high places do a terrible job. But a simple swear word to "colorize" their point...it is really quite a sad reflection of the actual content when making their point.

Last edited:
Back