free website stats program to the moderators | Harley Davidson Forums

to the moderators

JJDH

the other night i posted in my thread using symbols as a small cuss word. i received a warning from a mod suggesting to not do that or i could be banned. so stubborn as i am, i replied a bit negatively, not bad, just in a smart attitude way, (at least i felt i did after i thought about it) he was still cool bout it, we worked it out. so i wanted to just put an open APOLOGY out there to the mods. i never realized the things needed to run this site. the more i see on here i see the value of this place and am happy to be a member..:dude

There are a lot of other harley forums out there, and many have no such standards, but look at the minimal value of the tech help available there, and look at the flame wars that go un-checked in some of them,

AMEN BROTHER...I recently visited another Harley Davidson Forum and there was nothing but tension ,elitism and hatred...ask a simple question and get hammered...this forum RULEZ!!!! :cheers
:rider

Thanks for the understanding and the post too.

Some members turn it into a personal thing when they get an infraction for using language or the likes and after going back and forth in PM's , it gets kind of stale when the "friendly reminder" thread explains it all in detail.

A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community

When the moderators on HDT sign in there are upwards of 400 or so posts that have to be reviewed in the course of a day as well as replying to some of them and sending PM's back and forth to a member to "discuss" what they feel should be allowed takes much too much time when it is already spelled out for them in the "friendly reminder" thread.

We lost another member yesterday because of this and I'm sure there will be others. Help us to help you by reading the rules and the "friendly reminder" thread link posted above so we can have a forum without the nonsense that other forums have.
It takes a lot of work and time to run a forum on the part of the moderators and we would all appreciate it if the unnecessary PM's were kept to an absolute minimum.

The rules and guidelines are clearly spelled out, PLEASE read them and save us a lot of unnecessary time replying to PM's .

read that link, no prollem. its your party, im just along for the ride....:cheers

I too appreciate the work the Moderators do in keeping this place the best HD forum on the web. Now, if we could just get you guys into politics, maybe we could get something done. :)

Like I've said in the past, the standards are the #1 reason I joined and became a contributor to this forum. Obviously the knowledge and support of the community, the advice and "self help", and the overall feeling of being respected and a part of the family, plus the tireless efforts of the moderators are top notch.

I'm certain Glider has worn out several keyboards with "friendly reminders" alone, not to mention all the help he and others offer (for free). Repeated....that's why I'm a contributor and trumpet this site to every one of my biker buddies.

God Bless the moderators and all they do to keep the standards of this site high.

Good point HD, I was just thinking the other day about how cool this form is. For the most part everyone is respectful and extremely helpfully. I have only been riding for a year and a half and been on this site a few months and have learned a ton. Very valuable info. Goes to show the brotherhood of bikers.

Thanks to all! :bigsmiley12:

I too appreciate the work the Moderators do in keeping this place the best HD forum on the web. Now, if we could just get you guys into politics, maybe we could get something done. :)

Been there done that Jake and it didn't work out. :s

Like I've said in the past, the standards are the #1 reason I joined and became a contributor to this forum. Obviously the knowledge and support of the community, the advice and "self help", and the overall feeling of being respected and a part of the family, plus the tireless efforts of the moderators are top notch.

I'm certain Glider has worn out several keyboards with "friendly reminders" alone, not to mention all the help he and others offer (for free). Repeated....that's why I'm a contributor and trumpet this site to every one of my biker buddies.

God Bless the moderators and all they do to keep the standards of this site high.

Not only keyboards but the complete computer had to be upgraded too. :D

Thanks for the kind words.

Good point HD, I was just thinking the other day about how cool this form is. For the most part everyone is respectful and extremely helpfully. I have only been riding for a year and a half and been on this site a few months and have learned a ton. Very valuable info. Goes to show the brotherhood of bikers.

Thanks to all! :bigsmiley12:

Respect is something we try hard to keep here. When we get the members that don't respect others....well, they aren't with us any longer.:s

Win some and loose some too.

Last edited:
Back