free website stats program tire milage | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

tire milage

I will certainly post a thread following this ride. It will be an epic adventure for sure. I am thinking I will fire up a blog and post a linc to it so anyone interested can follow my progress.
This ride leaves Ontario Ca in mid May and I will travel their central route through NM, Co, Ks, MI, In, WV, DC.
When I leave DC, I will do the Blue ridge parkway, Deals Gap, tail of the dragon, and back to Az for some well earned sight seeing on the way home to Washington. Pretty aggressive for a (EDIT). But one thing I will NOT do is be 87 tears old and wonder if I would have liked it if I had done it. See Ya out on the road, Rusty

Last edited by a moderator:
When you first posted in your intro and said you were taking part in the RFTW this spring I immediately watched some videos on the ride and was so impressed with how organized this ride is. What an undertaking. Especially loved the part where they had to get everyone filled at a refueling stop. Will be following your posts on your ride. Ride safe brother!

After a long period of distraction, I finally found my way back to this forum. Life kinda sorta got in the way. Even though it has been a while, I'll post a follow up on this thread.
As it turned out, I only had about 4/32 front and 5/32 on the rear. I bought a new set with tire and wheel insurance for the trip. Best money I ever spent for the peace of mind.
Yes I made the trip as I had planned, 28 days on the road for a total of 8805 miles through 26 states and DC. Can't wait to see what kind of a trip I come up with to top that one. Ride safe, Rusty

Back