free website stats program Tire info needed | Harley Davidson Forums

Tire info needed

Not much info there. I get over 20k from the front and over 18k from the rear stock Dunlops. Don't know if I want to change when these wear out. Second set of tires and pushing 42k now.

Not much info there. I get over 20k from the front and over 18k from the rear stock Dunlops. Don't know if I want to change when these wear out. Second set of tires and pushing 42k now.

Wow, that's amazing on stock tires. I just changed tires at 14,300, and my rear was pretty bad. My front had maybe another 500 left in it, but have a big trip coming up (Sturgis, 4500 miles) and I just changed out both. Stayed with stock because I like the ride...

Think I will stay with the stock tires also. I need some very good reports on milage before I change to another brand. Its hot out here in the desert, I don't want any trouble with tires.

From what I have read about the Comm. 2s they last about twice as long as stock Dunlops with no sacrifice in traction wet or dry. Getting some installed in a few days.

I dont think there is enough info available yet about them that is proven real world. If you are getting that mileage from stock tires I wouldn't change either. The Michelin's will certainly be more expensive. I don't know anybody here in Fla. getting that kind of mileage from Dunlops

Stock Dunlops got 18k out of rear,20 k out of front on my 2010 RGC .12k on rear Dunlop american elite and 10k on Dunlop Elite 3 so far. I live in Central Florida,40 miles north of Tampa.Maybe I'm just lucky,but a friend has a 2010 FLHTP got close to the same milage out of his stock dunlops.I thinking about Michelins next tire change if they make a front tire in 130/70/18

67wizard: I was wondering the same thing. My local wrench has put a few sets on touring bikes this summer, and I'm in need of a new set of skins before long. Can't complain on the stock Dunlops, still running my orig front w/31,000+ miles. Will probably cost close to $500. for the Commander II's installed, but they are supposed to last 50% longer. I'll be ready for a Road Glide Ultra by then! Scott in IL ('08 FLHT-Vivid Black-The Mistress).

staying with the 407/408F. mileage is good, handling is good. didn't think i would like them but they're still strong at 14k.

Back