free website stats program Tire info needed | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Tire info needed

10,000 I change the rear and 20,000 I change the front. Dunlops always and going on 63,000 miles. Would have liked to have just changed the rear this time as the front looked pretty good for a few thousand more miles but I worry about one old tire and one new one. Peace of mind I guess.

7k rear stock Dunlop....How the heck do some get so maney miles....Im pretty easy rider...:)Dont change a thing

I have a 2003 Road King, the original OEM (Dunlop D402's) lasted 8700 miles rear and 18,000 miles front. The 2nd rear (Dunlop D402) lasted 10,000 miles, the third rear Dunlop D404 has slightly less then 5000 miles and has only 1/32" of tread left!! I think I am going to try either the Michelin Commander or the Dunlop Elite 3 and see if I can do better.

Just put Commander IIs front and back on my 2010 Ultra. Have about 400 miles on them so far. The Dunlops had 16K on them with some life left but the rear was howling fairly loud in curves. I had been fighting a wobble in the front end when going through curves since about 3K (multiple dealers found nothing wrong) so I put a new tire on. Both the front end wobble and the howling in the curves are gone now. So far so good. We'll see how wear and handle as they wear.

I'm considering putting Commander IIs on my Fat Bob because I am getting serious cupping on my front tire. The stock tire is a bias ply, and the Commander IIs are radial tires. I've been told that radial tires are better because they have a bigger contact patch on the ground, and they are less likely to have cupping. Is this true?

Back