free website stats program Tire Brands | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Tire Brands

I have just put Avon Venoms on my Roadking, finally the bike holds the corner

I'm new to Harley, but I went from stock Bridgestone to Avon Cobras on my last bike and what an enormous difference!

Turns that I used to slow down for I could cruise right thru and not feel uncomfortable at all.

Echoing your comment, Avon tires DO really seem to hold the road well.

Well, I've had plenty of folks call me just short of being a liar, but I have an 09 ultra and I got over 23k on the rear and it still wasn't "toast". I actually changed it more because everyone said it was not possible to have that mileage on the tire and still have tread left. So, I changed it. But I will never use anything but the Dunlop on mine. Keep in mind that I drive conservatively and I have NEVER spun the tires.

I have just put Avon Venoms on my Roadking, finally the bike holds the corner

I'm new to Harley, but I went from stock Bridgestone to Avon Cobras on my last bike and what an enormous difference!

Turns that I used to slow down for I could cruise right thru and not feel uncomfortable at all.

Echoing your comment, Avon tires DO really seem to hold the road well.

I was a big fan of Avon Venoms on my last bike because of handling, grip and wear. On my '10 ultra there are no sizes of venoms so I tried Avon Cobra. Won't be running these ever again on this bike as they seem to cause very slow handling compared to the stock dunlops. They were good in the rain but that is all I could say thats good about the cobras on a the new touring chassis, the back tire was worn totally bald (which normally I don't let get that bald before changing) in 9000 miles and were very noisy in the corners from about 6000 miles on.

I am back on dunlops, more nimble, wear better, good traction=much better tires for my '10 ultra. JMHO.

Well, I've had plenty of folks call me just short of being a liar.

No, sir. I never will. You never knew my Dad. But if you go to Bing and type the phrase, "miserly deep pockets (EDIT) outright cheap" his autobiography pops up from Amazon.

Nineteen thousand miles? My Dad would have branded you a spendthrift. I have seen him own cars for four years and never change out a single tire. He used to save paper napkins if he didn't wipe his chin enough--true story. He would constantly point out that my first brand new Harley (about 1,800 bucks) cost more than his first post-war Plymouth.

If you got the right bike for your needs, did proper maintenance and drove like an adult, it's entirely possible to own such tires. You would still be chastised by my Dad, trust me.

Please read this...

A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I've had plenty of folks call me just short of being a liar, but I have an 09 ultra and I got over 23k on the rear and it still wasn't "toast". I actually changed it more because everyone said it was not possible to have that mileage on the tire and still have tread left. So, I changed it. But I will never use anything but the Dunlop on mine. Keep in mind that I drive conservatively and I have NEVER spun the tires.

That is great to hear. I also have a 09 Ultra Classic with only 6500 miles on her. That means a lot more useage out of them. I really love this forum, I am learning so much. Thanks guys and gals

That is great to hear. I also have a 09 Ultra Classic with only 6500 miles on her. That means a lot more useage out of them. I really love this forum, I am learning so much. Thanks guys and gals

Agreed. I too am learning much needed info. Thanks to all those
who help so much!

Back