Thunderheaders

Discussion in 'Softail Models' started by SargeWW, Sep 9, 2009.

1. SargeWW

SargeWW Member

I have an 09 heritage and I want to know what people think about putting Thunderhearders on it?

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 3, 2009
  2. glider

glider Veteran Member

T headers are a decent system but if you look at any of them with some miles on them, they discolor pretty bad. IMO that would be enough to look for another 2 into 1 system. JMHO.

3. SargeWW

SargeWW Member

Thanks for your thought. Any recommendations? I am looking for a nice Loud sound (but not too loud).

4. glider

glider Veteran Member

5. pawpaw01

pawpaw01 Member

I agree with Glider that exhaust sounds are often based on personal taste. I would suggest listening to the many different exhausts on fellow rider's bikes and talking with them when you hear the sound type/level you want on yours. I have met very few bikers that do not enjoy talking about their own rides & upgrades. Ride safe...

6. SargeWW

SargeWW Member

Pawpaw01, Thanks for your thoughts. On my sporty it was easy.. When I bought the bike it came with thunderheaders. LOL...

Last edited: Sep 10, 2009
  7. B-1B_Guy

B-1B_Guy Junior Member

Thunderheaders are a nice looking exhaust but they are very loud, IMO. Supertrapp makes an excellent 2 into 1, in fact, almost every Thunder Mountain bike comes with a ST 2 into 1 on it. They make excellent "usable" power and are tunable as well.

8. fatboyjon

fatboyjon Member

I like my ThunderHeader. Great sound. I haven't noticed any dicolorqation yet and I'm at about 8500 miles.

9. Moxie

Moxie Member

I had Thunderheaders on an ultra a few years back, made my ears bleed and no one wanted to ride behind me... Now I have Vancin Hynes Monster Ovals - they have a low rumble and because the exhaust chamber is so large there is room to move the gas out to get better motor performance without the really loud noice... exhaust is personal choice - think about your riding style, hours, traveling pals and neighbors when making the choice - good luck!

10. joeysamm

joeysamm Member

I have 38.000 miles on my Thunderheader and LOVE IT :D no real discoloration to speak of...do you like the sound or the look of a Thunderheader?