free website stats program Thunderheaders | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Thunderheaders

i have the 2 into 1 thunderheader on my 95 heritage. great sound,no discoloration at all yet. all the guys i ride with comment on the sound and like it

Got my 06 Dyna with the Thunderheader already on it. It has heat shields on it as well. I love the sound of them, but as Glider pointed out they have discolored for me. Now I got mine used and was told it was garage kept (and was when I visited it and picked it up), so I can't be 100% user it did not spend some good time in the wet, but not likely. Anyway they have discolored from that nice black to the point where I am considering either sending them away for a fresh ceramic coating, or replacing them all together. I think there are better looking 2-1 exhausts and would love to see Thunderheader actually stand behind the color problems with the exhaust, which they do not, to date they have been unresponsive.

I was running a Thunderheader on my 1994 Softail. I really enjoyed the sound and the performance. Look closly at certain Softail models, as both the front and back pipe wrap the ignition cone. After replacing the second ignition module I switched to a Vance and Hines Pro Pipe. The back pipe does not wrap the cone like the Thunderheader. Took me awhile to get use to the diffrent sound vs a Thunderheader, but I like the V/H pipe. Also, my Thunderheader was discolored badly at the collector, and the covers they make for them do not cover this area. Overall, there is no sound like a Thunderheader though.

I also ride a FLSTC. I like samson dual fishtails for the nostalgic look. I also like the V&H bigshot long style, but prefer Cobra Speedster Longs for the 2 in 1 performance. Check 'em out.

Back