free website stats program Throttle hand sleeping | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Throttle hand sleeping

Thanks for all the replies. Are those plastic throttle rockers worth the $10.00 ? Changing out bars will give me another project to do this winter. For the uninitiated, what is bar snake? I have met a few real "bar snakes" along the way but I think you are talking about something else.

Does your RKC have a "Spinny Knob" underneath, next to the throttle? If so tighten it just enough to hold the throttle--but loose enough that you can easily turn the throttle open and closed.

Now you can rest your hand anytime you want.

You're lucky you can go 50 miles, My Sporty has my hand(s) numb & tingling in about 5 miles. Tracy

Thanks for all the replies. Are those plastic throttle rockers worth the $10.00 ? Changing out bars will give me another project to do this winter. For the uninitiated, what is bar snake? I have met a few real "bar snakes" along the way but I think you are talking about something else.

1. Get the Crampbuster - put one on my Street Glide and it helped a ton.

2. If the problem is position oriented, I'm going to join the crowd and recommend Heritage bars. Stay away from extreme ape hangers since they will raise your hands even higher above your heart and add to the tingling. Mini apes should be OK if they reposition your hands and wrists to a more comfortable position.

3. If the problem is vibration oriented, putting a weight into the end of the bars should help. I put a couple tubes of rolled coins (pennies in my case) in the bars of my Sportster and it really helped. Remember to attach some kind of cord device in case you decide to take them out.

Good luck!

Two seasons out of it...they are rubber and stretch to fit most grips.A cheep item purhaps,but worth the money without question.She road to Americade with me, 300 miles one way and not a peep.Yep they're worth the 10 bucks.

Being old and somewhat senile I thought I had sold my cramp buster with my Honda Ace. I was looking for something else today and found one in my spare parts drawer. I put it on and although I only rode about 30 miles it sure did seem to help.

I have a throttle boss,, it costs $10. works great, you basically use the palm of your hand to hold your speed and to free up your fingers so you keep moving thm so they won't tingle. husband borrowed it to go to Minnesota and said it worked g reat, I just gave it a friend to use to go from kansas to texas, and he loved it as well. it is removeable and adjustable.

Back