free website stats program Throttle hand sleeping | Harley Davidson Forums

Throttle hand sleeping

scrinch

Hi,

I bought a used 2001 Road King Classic with stock bars and seat. I am 6' tall. After driving about 50 miles my right hand starts to tingle and feel like it is going to go to sleep. I have never had this happen on other bikes.

I was wondering if other people have experienced this and if doing something simple like raising the bars helps?

Switch to a set of heritage bars and it will help. Different pull back , much more comfy. Usually no changes in cables and wiring.

Switch to a set of heritage bars and it will help. Different pull back , much more comfy. Usually no changes in cables and wiring.

Is the Heritage bar filled with foam or any material that a user could modify their existing bar to minimize vibration...? I wonder about aerosol foams, "popcorn packing", ground tire black and other materials. I heard somewhere that handlebars could be filled with "sand" or similar? What are your thoughts or experience regarding this? :dknow

Ill second the Heritage bars made a big difference on my Road King Classic for me

If your wiring is not inside the 'bars,you could try inserting a small piece of Lead,or some sinkers at or near the 'bar ends.This will alter the natural frequency of the 'bars and maybe prevent low to mid range vibes from killing your hands.
Of course,if i'ts the 'bars themselves,buy a set with more comfortable bends.

OK, the copy and paste isn't working. I was trying to suggest an after market cruise control from Brakeaway products. I installed it on my 97 Roadking and found it to be a great and reliable solution. Just another option to think about.

BrakeAway Motorcycle Cruise Control

Last edited by a moderator:
16 " apes should do it, re-wire internally for the best look. fly high.
Now if you didn't keep your hand up so late the night before it wouldn't go to sleep today:24:

My wife was losing feeling in her throttle hand so we put a throttle boss on.Now she can rest her grip periodicaly and hasnt complained since {well at least not about her hand}.Only $10 bucks from Keriyakin.

Back