free website stats program Thoughts On Portable GPS's? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Thoughts On Portable GPS's?

Dr. Doolittle,
No its not waterproof, but then again for 150.00 bucks? I always carry a ziplock bag with me to slip over it in case of rain but so far haven't had to use it.

GS34,
Yea, thats what I done also, I was just trying to figure out something a little more secure. But then I seem to always have to be messing with stuff.:bigsmiley24:

I have used both the garmin zumo and the tom tom rider.
Work provided the Tom Tom, it was poor: useless bluetooth ear peice that came with it, poor volume, poor battery life and one ear bud and mic that wont reach the mouth. As time went on the unit started turning on and off due to the vibration from the bike (a honda pan european 1100 not a harley).
The Zumo I have on my street glide so plenty of vibration there. I have had no problems with this and it also included a car kit in the pack. The bluetooth has no problems connecting with my mobile and my autocom.

So for me its got to be the zumo

Another vote for the Zumo. I have the XM, Weather & Traffic going on mine. I like the fact that if I am folloiwng on a route I have not ridden before I can download the track to my computer for later. I always convert it to a route on the Zumo first.

My Zumo is like my American Express. I will not leave home without it.

Another vote for the Zumo. I have the XM, Weather & Traffic going on mine. I like the fact that if I am folloiwng on a route I have not ridden before I can download the track to my computer for later. I always convert it to a route on the Zumo first.

My Zumo is like my American Express. I will not leave home without it.

I agree... once you get one will not go without!
:newsmile048:

Thankfully, I have been trained to read maps and I enjoy riding to the extent that getting lost occasionally adds spice to the Ride.
My problem with GPSs is that you know where you are but so do THEY! :small3d012:

For the guys that have the Zumo, I see that it has an MP3 player and a blue tooth device also. Does this mean you can hook it up to the aux. jack of the stereo and be able to hear and use the cell phone through it with your helmet headset.

Hmm not sure if that will work Fireguy
I have used it with the nolan n-com bluetooth set and the autocom. Not sure i would want my wife yelling at me over the stereo anyway. I wouldn't say the mp3 on the zumo is that good over bluetooth better with a wire connection.

I have never used a Gps.

Is the map displayed on the GPS the same as Google maps on the internet.
With Google maps one can zoom out for less detail then zoom back in for greater detail.

I have never used a Gps.

Is the map displayed on the GPS the same as Google maps on the internet.
With Google maps one can zoom out for less detail then zoom back in for greater detail.

Yes you can do that on the Tom Tom but it's nowhere near as good as Google or Mapquest. For one thing the screen is tiny!

Back