free website stats program Thinking of removing cats from 2011 ultra. | Harley Davidson Forums

Thinking of removing cats from 2011 ultra.

I have the means of removing the cats on my bike to help relieve some of the heat that it gives off but have a couple of questions first to help me make the best decision. I read from a post that since the cats is after the o2 sensor i would not have to change the a/f or air/fuel mixture. Is this true?
I know i could do a stage 1 on my bike but to honest i'm just not into the loud pipes anymore, just there for the ride. Is there any after market pipes that will let me lose some of the heat and still keep the sound low? That way i wouldn't have to alter the stock pipes just in case the law changes here in Georgia and they start checking for this. Thanks for any ideas you can provide. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I read from a post that since the cats is after the o2 sensor i would not have to change the a/c or air/fuel mixture. Is this true?

Yes it's true. As long as you run the stock A/F and mufflers no changes are necessary.

if you are looking for just a bit more sound without being loud, the new SE slip ons will give you just a bit more sound. It takes a while for them to break in but they do get a bit louder then. No changes in fueling would be necessary.

As i said before i'm not looking for more sound. It seems to me that these cats put out a lot of unessesary heat that i could do without. I was just wondering if there was any other headers out there that would allow the heat to flow out more without going LOUDER? This motorcyle is my everyday ride not just a weekend rider.

I went with the fullsac headers. You use the stock chrome covers and the price isn't bad. Then you can keep you headers just in case you ever need them. Check out his site at fullsac.com

I've seen internet ads where you send stock HD header in & they send you one w/CAT removed. Also, there are instructions for cutting, gutting & welding yours back together (for the mechanical savvy). Don't have time to search now for links (gotta get ready for work), but just google search & you should find some options. Good luck!

American Custom will either gut your header pipe or give you like $180 for yours when you send it back in. Check their website, I think just buying theirs outright is around $380, then get $180 back:bigsmiley11:

I am looking for the same thing,and am considering Vance and hines TD and cobra tri ovals.the sound clips I have heard don;tsound to loud.

Back