Thinking about Road King Classic

Discussion in 'Touring Models' started by sumncguy, Mar 7, 2009.

1. sumncguy

sumncguy New Member

Hey folks !!

Title says it ..

I do want to know the good and the bad. Every bike I owned Harley included had down sides. Id like to hear the good and the bad.

For instance ... "the wobble" ..

2. glider

glider Veteran Member

Never a problem with wobble on my RKC. I think its the most versatile bike in the lineup.

3. 2388

2388 Member

What colour? (or colours)

4. chrishdguy

chrishdguy Member

I really like the Road King Classic. I like it because it has the old school style with the new school upgrades. If you're looking at a 2009, the wobble is greatly reduced if not gone, as least from what I have noticed. The standard cruise control is an awesome feature. I really think you would have to try hard not to enjoy the RKC.

5. Bud White

Bud White Well-Known Member Retired Moderators

I have a Rkc and i have the wobble but fixed that out .. Buy the Road King

6. Duffer

Duffer Active Member

I love my RKC. With detacthable tour pack and windshield, it has the versatility of having that old school "bad boy" look or being a good touring bike and all the benefits of modern technology. I have never experienced " the wobble", but am a fairly conservative rider (mostly two up). Heat can be a problem an a hot day, stuck in traffic, but what would you expect when straddling the twins. TD exhaust, heat shields, TFI, ect. can all help, but I've ever really found it to be that big of an issue. IMHO you can not go wrong with the RKC. Good luck and good riding.

7. bonsi57

bonsi57 Active Member

I have a 2006 Roadking Classic and the only wobble I experienced was when the rear wheel bearing went bad and damaged the hub. There is nothing bad I can say about the bike. The heat is there on hot days but it is tolerable. Just hitting that starter still puts a grin on my face. Good luck with your decision...you will not regret it.

8. stuart

stuart Member

hey its stuart from newzealand i have a rkc 98 ,model good bike no wobble:)

9. stuart

stuart Member

can anyone tell me what code 37 is when doing a engine check
    on a 1998 rk classic let the system go for 4 times and the
    same code flashed.

10. oldgeezer

oldgeezer Active Member

I had an 03 RKC and loved it. I did experience the wobble once in a bad curve. It was like the back tire was steering in and out. Not too bad, but enough to get my attention. It had no down side for me. I just wanted the fairing, lowers, tunes, ect. If its the bike that you are drawn to.... go for it. You'll love it.