free website stats program Thinking about Road King Classic | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Thinking about Road King Classic

I've had several HD's in my time and my favorite is the RK. Mine was a 2000 standard/carburated. I put a matching tour pack on it with a one up seat. Best bike ever and I'm still kicking myself for selling it. I just saw it today and some great memories came back. I do like my Ugly bike now, but the RK was awesome. It handles well, ran well and just plain has the looks and versatility.
Ugly John

I've had several HD's in my time and my favorite is the RK. Mine was a 2000 standard/carburated. I put a matching tour pack on it with a one up seat. Best bike ever and I'm still kicking myself for selling it. I just saw it today and some great memories came back. I do like my Ugly bike now, but the RK was awesome. It handles well, ran well and just plain has the looks and versatility.
Ugly John

I guess that's the Ugly truth!:D

wobble you know this one will never end some have it many don't some beleave it some don't. Companys that make products that are suppose to cure will have you beleaving you can not even ride the bike. You have to decide this one
I have never had any hint of a wobble And I have done my part searching for it.
only real down side to my HD is engine heat not as bad as some make it out to be could be better. It is a big Vtwin air cooled engine.
If you consider it a down side there are just way to many options for moding any HD
i just bought a 2003 Road King. I've rented many over the years, but never understood what these letters mean: FLHR/FLHRI
and what is the difference between ,Road King?

My impression on my FLHRC09, it's excellent and certainly best motorcycle:D

It's the third harley and I'm very happy. The only default is the 5 shift make noise whistle.

The motor is most plesant than my last 1584 with force winder SERT and mufflers.

For resume it's history myth of factory

i just bought a 2003 Road King. I've rented many over the years, but never understood what these letters mean: FLHR/FLHRI
and what is the difference between a Road King and a RK Classic?

Last edited:
Geesh, somebody's got to come up with some negatives around here! :s

Seriously, the Road King is a great bike and it was a very close second choice when I bought my Street Glide a year ago. For me, the main down sides to the RK were no fairing, no stereo, and fewer gauges. Very minor point was that I didn't like looking down at the speedometer - as a pilot I like my gauges in my peripheral vision where I don't have to move my head so much. Huge positive for the RK, and the reason I almost got one, is the ability to pop off the shield for short rides around town - I love the look of a RK with no shield and that huge headlight!

Like everyone else said, if you get a 2009 or a used bike with a stabilizer already installed, the wobble is a non issue. Or if you're like me and mainly ride a relaxed, cruiser style, it's a non issue anyway.

I loved my RKC, wish I could have kept it, but wanted the stero, fairing, and tour pack, plus was wanting the 09 for the new pods. I could have put all those things on the RKC, but again I wanted the 09 mods. But it's a great bike. You wont regret the purchase. May want to think about switching out handlebars though. That was a down side. Getting the set up right was a pain. Never had a wobble with it either.

Debated very long and hard between RKC adn RK standard. Opted for RK standard for 1 simple reason. More storage space in the saddlebags. Just my opinion.

Back