free website stats program Things You Should Never Use On Or Do To Your Bike. | Page 21 | Harley Davidson Forums

Things You Should Never Use On Or Do To Your Bike.

Washing, Meguiars Gold Class
Polishing, Gold Class Wax
Chrome, Mothers Chrome Polish

Microfibre Cloth to polish chrome and paint, and clean after use for next polish job.

I haven't tried Mother polish, anyone used it.

For chrome rims, I use a lambswool duster before I go anywhere near them with a cloth.
A cloth may pick up some sandy dust and scatch them.

I have used Mothers on my 83 Goldwing show bike for years and have never had any complaints. I recently used Mothers on my 08 Softail and it worked great. I know there are some polishes out there that are even "Smoother" but I really like mothers. My step father uses Mothers on his show 55 Chev as well.

Rollo; Do a forum search on "Pledge", there is more endorsements for it than any other single product. I'm not it's biggest supporter, but it does work well on many surfaces.:)

MMMM, love that lemony smell too :p

Last edited by a moderator:
someone was asking about the "easy off". It works good on the exhaust, BUT... the overspray that got on the rough black areas on the engine is little white splatter spots that are still on there today. I call it "IMPOSSIBLE OFF".

You can fix those spots with Kiwi Black Leather Dye. Dap it on and wipe it off

zoood

Plexis, this spray on is fantastic for turning black plastic to new. Made my 1993 inner fairing look like I spray painted it black again. Works exceptionally well on chrome and clear coats as well.

zoood

Hate to have to bring this one up...Never be hasty to pull away from the gas pump because someone is behind you. You might have to go inside for something before you leave and hastily NOT get the kickstand fully extended. It may tip over once you get off and mess the bike up really "good". Then....If you're over 60, get help uprighting the beast. You may be strong enough to do it but MAYBE your right arm bi-cep tendon will completely tear off from the muscle?? Then you may have to have surgery and miss 2 months of riding. Not saying I would EVER do anything so stupid on July 6th, 2010. LOL!!

Pretty much Jack. Looks a little wierd but can do most everything now. About 3-4 people told me AFTER I did that to lift it with your back to it, arms stay straight and use your legs. I ain't dropping it anymore!

The turtle wax ice is about the biggest pain to take off of any of the waxes I have ever tried. I'll never use it again.

the old style turtle paste wax is hard to come off but it does leave a better shine than the turtle liquid wax. when you find paste wax hard to remove after it has dried, re-apply a new layer of wax this will losen the first coat. wipe off,while second coat is still wet.

Do not put Armor All on your tires.

Do not use sand paper to remove boot scuffs from your pipes.:p

dont put anything on brake rotors, unless it`s designed for brakes

What happens if you use Armor All on your tires?

you fall down

Water; a soft bristle brush and elbow grease.

I use wesley`s bleach white. makes wide white walls look nice

To get better Gas mileage,,,,,,LOOSE WEIGHT,,,,you may live and ride longer if you do..plus the added bene. of gas mileage increase..:D

maybe not right topic but oh well...

Back