free website stats program The Primary Rebuid is almost done | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

The Primary Rebuid is almost done

Nice! I was looking at Compensaver sometime ago. I think I will have them on my bike later on. I only put 20k miles on so time will tell.Thanks for sharing!!!

I forget to ask you this question! What kind of oil do you use in primary? I used Redline... It is my understanding that Compensaver helps to flow oil thru inside of primary better than original one.

Thanks again!

Last edited by a moderator:
Supposedly, Harley has a fix for this issue.
If you chose to go the way I did, give these guys a call.

Compensaver - Home
WAP.gif

Glad it worked for you Mongo.

This Product BY FAR and with the newer style Compensator/SE spring WILL be your Last investment to make it run like yours does Now...

The idea of the "Compensaver" and the way it is made to oil the needed parts that usually run DRY/and Rust, is a BIG Improvement over the old "A" SE compensator replacement that I put into my 09 King. I grooved my compensator face to get some oil into it BUT The COMPENSAVER would have really helped on mine, even when I'm using the "A" SE replacement compensator.

NOW combining the Newer Comp. with the lube holes and the CompenSaver is the Cats Meow...
It IS just like Hoople said to me before he left this forum ......" The compensaver is A Quality Built/Best Idea item he ran across that will do the Oiling Job and Prevent/STOP Fretting..."

NO Guilt in Giving Credit where Credit is Due.... Products that help us out like the COMPENSAVER does, should be Broadcast here for all to see....:D

signed....BUBBIE

The new Compensaver was not in full production yet when I purchased mine. I purchased a new old stock -08 comp. the folks at Compensaver said it would work fine in I ether the -08 or the -08A.
I Woul have liked to use the new comp with the new Compensaver but my timing was off with their new product line. Any way I am pleased with how it all turned out.
I've spent more than this for upgrades on other bikes with out batting an eye. The fact that I did the install saved me moola too!
Oh, btw, i found another good tranny oil, Bel Ray 85 W140. If you can't get the Heavy,then give this a try. I think you'll like it too.
BTW part2, you played a big part in my getting the Compensaver.
Thanks. :)
WAP.gif

Back