The dealer warned me...

Discussion in 'General Harley Davidson Topic' started by Cory, Mar 8, 2008.

1. Cory

Cory Member

This thing would be addictive...

Got a call yesterday from the Harley shop that my registration and tag was ready to be picked up. Great! I'd snag it today...

So I walk in, they're having a "sale" where if you're wearing one of their shirts, you get 10% off, and if you say HR HD Rocks! over their PA you get another 5 %. Well, I needed/wanted a real motorcycle jacket... Well, I didn't have a shirt. So I bought a shirt (30 freakin dollars even AFTER the lady at the counter gave me a courtesy 10% off)... okay, well the shirt wasn't for me. It fit my girlfriend perfectly. (there's somethin bout a chick in a harley shirt... )

So $300+ later, I've gotten my plate. .....annnnd a jacket, annnd a shirt for the lady (which matched the KBC TK-8 Helmet I bought her last week that arrived today as well!) oh, and because I bought all that stuff, I got a free travel pack for my troubles.

Boy this stuff is fun.:bigsmiley14:

2. glider

glider Veteran Member

And......it's only the beginning too!:D

3. Davidw2415

Davidw2415 Senior Member

The madness never ends :bigsmiley25:

4. Joyflyin

Joyflyin Experienced Member Staff Member Moderator

Ahh, such a beautiful thing........and another one is born.....:lolrolling and he's such a young thing too.......:lero Just remember Cory, your young, it's only money, you can make more! :D

5. Dr. Dolittle

Dr. Dolittle Experienced Member Staff Member Moderator Contributor

That's the key - do we really NEED any of this stuff? But then when I'm out getting my two wheel therapy, the answer is - ABSOLUTELY!!!!!

6. Fourdogs

Fourdogs Junior Member

Congrats young fellow...welcome to the never ending World of Harley!....:bigsmiley23:

7. Cory

Cory Member

well after buying the helmet and shirt for the soon to be mrs. the next things I "need" to buy (according to her) are the jacket for her, and a ummm

*ahem* ring. *ahem*

She wasn't too thrilled when I told her there's exhaust that needed upgrading first...:lolrolling

8. bikermonkey

bikermonkey Active Member

Wow you guys are either hooked up at your dealers or are low maintenance. The wife and I walk into Lexington HD and two leather jackets evaporated 900 bucks out of my wallet. But they did give me two really cool plastic bags to carry my stuff out of the door. Been nicer if the security tag did not go off at the door embarrassing me a little, but not half as embarrassed as some dude waking around in there wearing a Honda shirt and carrying a poodle.

9. Fourdogs

Fourdogs Junior Member

Gettin married soon are ya?..cool ya got to invite us all ..ya know that right!..lol:cheers

10. Fuzzman

Fuzzman Account Removed

Yea Cory, ditto on the addiction thing! I swear my dealer is a toys-r-us for grown ups. WOW I need those and these, and some of them, etc... LOL