free website stats program The Brotherhood lives on... | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

The Brotherhood lives on...

I started with a sportster ..it was a great bike ...fun to ride and throw around just couldn't do a 50 mile trip to work each day....Rather ride that all day long then a metric!!!

THANK YOU to the brotherhood... Every time I see a bike pulled over I slow until I get their attention and wait till I get either a thumbs up or thumbs down, Hopefully I'll get the same if I'm on the side of the road...:)

I will always stop to assist a scooter on the side of the road without hesitiation, regardless of the make of the ride. :s

Amen to that. Spent and hour talking with an older gentleman in a parking lot who was riding a Goldwing. He was admiring my chrome and my loud pipes and telling me about his first bike, a 36 Knucklehead.

I was riding back home from Colorado a couple weeks ago. I pulled off for my first gas stop and stopped in at McDonalds for a quick breakfast. A guy on a Suzuki dual-sport of some sort pulled in next to me, and we got to chatting. Ended up having breakfast together, it was a good time. He had shipped his bike from Vermont to San Francisco, then flew out there to ride it back home. Two total strangers with a common interest in two-wheeled machines... it was like we knew each other for years.

Just one of the many reasons I love motorcycling...

When I had my metric over the 10 years it broke down twice. Both times it was the harley guys who stopped to help. No metrics. The one thing I like best now owning a Harley is when stopped for gas or a bite to eat is when a older guys stop and talks about when they owned their Harleys from the 40s and 50s and what a thrill it was to ride them. As to the sportsters I agree with Breeze3 post. Who ever is negative about them have not a clue for the sportsters are the fastest Harleys on the road.

I am new to riding (May of this year - Haven't ridden in 20 years, so I consider myself a newbie). I am 41 years old. I have been riding an '04 Deuce taht belongs to a buddy of mine and I just bought a '97 fatboy. I am really glad to hear all of what is in this thread. It gives me some confidence knowing I am not out there on an island if I break down as well as knowing I will be expected to do the same. It is cool haow you get a feeling of belonging even when riding alone.

After my last crash years ago on my BSA A7(still is my last crash,hope it stays that way!) after several cars drove around me, my girlfriend,and the wreckage,a bike with chariot came along with 2 guys on it.They stopped,one of them took me and my soon to be ex(got dumped in the hospital that same nite....wonder why)to the hospital,and the other took care of the remains of my bike.They were members of AQUILLA our local 1%,so I didnt figuer to see my bike again,but they came to my house the day after in a pickup and put it and all the parts they could finds in my garage.Ever since,bike at the roadside,see if theyre ok.Make,color,patch...doesnt matter a fig.

PS,the only exception is those idiots on thier twist and goes,the way they ride,its better for everyone if theyre off the road.

Awesome thread, reading this thread made me smile as well, since buying my Harley I've met a lot of interesting people hope it continues. The harley is great conversation starter. And now the motorcycle cops who ride even wave when we pass each other, that never happened on my metric..lol.

Man you are not kidding. I have owned my Harley for not even a year now and I have met so many different people that it is just crazy. I like the kinship that one harley owner has with the other. By this I mean if you are on the side of the road, broke down, a Harley drives by, chances are they will stop, not so true for a metric bike. Has anyone else noticed this?
Right you are JohnnyBiker! More than once when I have been pulled over to the side of the road-not for being broke down but rather for getting a drinl or stretching my legs, a fellow HD Brother will inevitably pull over and ask me if everything was o.k. It made me feel good that somebody actually was concerned for my well being!:newsmile106:

It is cool haow you get a feeling of belonging even when riding alone.

The day I picked up my bike, riding home, I got the two-finger wave as I met a group of riders on the highway. It was my first time... so cool. That was the moment I realized I'm a hog rider now.

Back