free website stats program The Brotherhood lives on... | Harley Davidson Forums

The Brotherhood lives on...

Kansasjase

I went in to my local Auto Zone to pick up some spare spark plugs. The guy at the register was having trouble finding them so I was chatting with the manager. He asked what the plugs were for, I told him it was for my Fatboy, he lit up and told me he has a Nightrain. He then proceeded to tell me he has a couple buddies who are HD mechanics (although they are three hours away from me) and he'd be happy to put me in touch with them if I ever needed any tech advice.

Funny how owning a Harley suddenly strikes a common chord and you instantly have a new friend... or at least ally.

Agreed!
WAP.gif

I went in to my local Auto Zone to pick up some spare spark plugs. The guy at the register was having trouble finding them so I was chatting with the manager. He asked what the plugs were for, I told him it was for my Fatboy, he lit up and told me he has a Nightrain. He then proceeded to tell me he has a couple buddies who are HD mechanics (although they are three hours away from me) and he'd be happy to put me in touch with them if I ever needed any tech advice.

Funny how owning a Harley suddenly strikes a common chord and you instantly have a new friend... or at least ally.

Man you are not kidding. I have owned my Harley for not even a year now and I have met so many different people that it is just crazy. I like the kinship that one harley owner has with the other. By this I mean if you are on the side of the road, broke down, a Harley drives by, chances are they will stop, not so true for a metric bike. Has anyone else noticed this?

Man you are not kidding. I have owned my Harley for not even a year now and I have met so many different people that it is just crazy. I like the kinship that one harley owner has with the other. By this I mean if you are on the side of the road, broke down, a Harley drives by, chances are they will stop, not so true for a metric bike. Has anyone else noticed this?

Yep seen it alot sitting on a overpass just smoking a cigarette alot will run up the ramp and ask if you are ok! seems to happen alot on 90 west to sturgis last year!
We all look out for each other! I do the same when I see someone sitting on the side of the road! With there Bike! "even if it is a metric as well!"

I slowed to an almost stop for a biker on the side of the road the other day, he looked up from his radar gun about the same time i noticed he was on duty...lol i gave the nod and rode by.

I will always stop to assist a scooter on the side of the road without hesitiation, regardless of the make of the ride. :s

With you on this one!

When I got my first HD, sportster, lost my shifter peg on the way back from a ride, pulled over when I realized it was gone, it couldn't have been more than ten minutes when a fellow rider pulled over and asked if he could help, I will never forget this and will always do the same.

It sure was a pain getting the bike to shift without the peg!!

years ago a dude broke down [in his car]. I had my sporty parked out front where I worked at the time and he said I decided to come here for help because I saw your scoot. I let him use the phone.

Back