free website stats program "The Blizzard 0f 2009" | Harley Davidson Forums

"The Blizzard 0f 2009"

mrs2cool

Just got back from a 10 day visit with my son and his family in Fayetteville,NC (Ft.Bragg) I THOUGHT I was heading south to warm weather,instead I got cold:newsmile078: and snow. In NC they close down the state for 4" of snow. After heading north on I95 to RDU I found out why - they don't know how to drive in the stuff. We counted 21 cars off the road or in various accidents and 1 jack- knifed big rig.Needless to say I did not get to ride while I was there,but there is one diehard rider in the family - my grandaughter Kristen gave it a try.

Attachments

• Snow day 2009.jpg
    Snow day 2009.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 51
Just a dusting for us in the North, Those Southerners thought they had a blizzard goin'on:newsmile033:.I wasn't sure I would make it out yesterday. 20+ flights were cancelled and more were delayed and there was talk of closing the airport. It's a different world down there.:khee

Weather is relative

Obviously we don't get much snow in south Texas but a lot of how we react to weather is what we are used to and prepared for.

Some years ago our company was bought out by a company based in Minneapolis. We were having lunch one day and a little rain storm blew through and the guys started turning pale. I think they thought it was the end of the world or something. Just regular stuff for us.

On the other hand, when I would visit the corporate office I didn't want to drive because of the snow and not knowing the area. To me there is nothing worse than getting in with folks who know the area and how to drive in the ice and snow. I did not want to cause or be in an accident.

Most drive like idiots in the Houston area and if you add even a little rain it gets worse so snow or ice is like the end of the world.

I feel for those who have the cold winters but believe me when I say we pay with the heat and humidity.

People down in SC - NC have no idea what real snow is
Right now we're pushing 120 inches so far and winter really doesn't end here
for at least 8 more weeks. A place just 15mile south of here has gotten 240 inches . I hate lake effect snow

Thanks,Smitty. I really think she is the next generation Harley rider in the family. She LOVES motorcycles.

I have lived in NC, CT, TN, and OH. NC we had ice storms. CT we had yardsticks of snow (forget measuring in inches). TN dusting of snow; OH - get it all.

Driving in TN would come to a halt with a dusting of snow. CT its business as usual whether 10 inches or 2 feet just fell. OH -- well, some of us can drive in this mess.

Easier to stay off the road if others can't drive in it!!

NO ride for me today, sore back tomorrow:(

'Might even find muscles I forgot I had!

Al

:USA

:CONNECTICUT

Attachments

• IMG_0679 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_0679 (Medium).JPG
    90.7 KB · Views: 18
I just heard you guys in Alabama and Georgia are getting some of our snow.
Well, I guess you guys aren't riding for a while. :D Like Smitty, we still have snow and it's suppose to go down to zero tonight. Winter is still here in Michigan.

Back