free website stats program Thanks H-D for belt drive | Harley Davidson Forums

Thanks H-D for belt drive

RickyBobby

I wonder how long it takes a finger nail to grow back. I had my bike up on the jack this morning and cleaning the rear rim and spokes. I got to spinning the wheel and looking at the clearance, since I am thinking about a 180 tire. The next thing I know the small rag I was holding goes into the rear sprocket and my finger along with it. I iced it down with a bag of frozen veggies and then had to drill with a needle to get the pressure off, but I know the nail will be history. It would have been a lot worse if i had done that with chain drive. Sometimes I feel really stupid.
:(

Ouch! It's bad enough getting my finger caught when servicing my mountain bike. Couldn't imagine what that heavy rim and tire would do. Look on the bright side, you'll never do that again! Hope the finger heals fast!

Look on the bright sight, your gonna get a brand spanking new finger nail free of charge. :D.

That was what the ER Doc told me when I lost my finger tip, top section of my finger with nail completely stripped to the bone, finger in between belt and pulley whilst engine is running. it's all grew back but the feeling never be the same. :).

Just don't try and demonstrate to someone, to show them what happened. :small3d031:
It's twice as painful the 2nd time....And NO, I didn't learn that from personal experience..but I did get to watch someone else learn that lesson...OUCH!!!!:cry

mistakes-480.jpg

Man I can relate! I took a good chunk of meat off the tip of my right index finger a while back. It's finally healed over, but still super sensitive!

I lost my left thumb, from the first knuckle out to a fall on a motocross track on top of another bike while the rear wheel was spinning thirty years ago it still hasn't grown back, pretty much just burger in the glove, they were not able to save it. I give one and a half thumbs up to belt drive.

Kevin

Reminds me of whacking my thumb with a hammer during some building project. The worst part of that experience was the two to three second delay from the time that I hit my thumb until it started to hurt. Your mind keeps telling you "any second now....any second..". Hope it heals OK...

Back