free website stats program Thanks H-D for belt drive | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Thanks H-D for belt drive

I lost my left thumb, from the first knuckle out to a fall on a motocross track on top of another bike while the rear wheel was spinning thirty years ago it still hasn't grown back, pretty much just burger in the glove, they were not able to save it. I give one and a half thumbs up to belt drive.

Kevin

Now that's funny!!

Man, I can FEEL your PAIN. I have 2 kinda deformed fingernails, but still have all my fingers. It is hard to work around stuff without messing fingers up once and a while.

I wonder how long it takes a finger nail to grow back. I had my bike up on the jack this morning and cleaning the rear rim and spokes. I got to spinning the wheel and looking at the clearance, since I am thinking about a 180 tire. The next thing I know the small rag I was holding goes into the rear sprocket and my finger along with it. I iced it down with a bag of frozen veggies and then had to drill with a needle to get the pressure off, but I know the nail will be history. It would have been a lot worse if i had done that with chain drive. Sometimes I feel really stupid.
:(

Thankfully you were not doing the "runout check" with the engine running. I have a friend who lost part of his thumb trying to lube a motorcycle chain with the engine running (about the only thing negative about having a center stand)...can be dangerous if not used properly when servicing your bike. :31:

You guys in Mich will remember shimming cars in the 80s,was doing one and the spring compressor broke just as i was sliding the shim in pinned my thumb between a-arm and spring......doc sewed it back on but it is about twice the size of my other one........dang that hurt.....lol
Tony

I notice today that I don't even have any pain, although the nail is black. Maybe the pain is lessening because of hearing from some of your experiences. :s
It just goes to show myself, that you need to pay attention when around machinery. I got too engrossed in seeing what was up with getting a 180 tire for my FXDB.

I notice today that I don't even have any pain, although the nail is black. Maybe the pain is lessening because of hearing from some of your experiences. :s
It just goes to show myself, that you need to pay attention when around machinery. I got too engrossed in seeing what was up with getting a 180 tire for my FXDB.

The story about the spring compressor breaking made my pain go away,and I wasn't even hurt!!!!

Back