free website stats program TFI Question | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

TFI Question

Awhile back your advice was enough for me to pull the trigger. Thanks, I'm glad I did and got the TFI for my classic. I just ordered dresser duals and may add a SE255 cam. Do I need a different tuner with "Timing" features or can I keep my "simple as pie" TFI ?
SC

Keep simple as PIE.. TFI

I went full stage one and added the TFI, then Later I added the SE255 Cams..

You are going to like them...:newsmile011:

I really Like what the SE255 cams did and the TFI is just fine MAKING added POWER...

signed....BUBBIE

Ok what is a TFI and how doe's it work, I'm a carpenter not a mechanic so how will I know how to do this?

Chuck, the TFI is a method to add fuel to your bikes engine. There are many options out there from simple to advanced, and economical to pricey. It boils down to how much you plan to mod your bike. :s The TFI is a simple and economical way to make your bike run cooler with a stage 1 upgrade.

Harley Davidson Community

If you use the 'Search' feature on the forum, enter 'Doebeck TFI' and you will get about 4 pages worth of results to keep you busy for a while.

Ok what is a TFI and how doe's it work, I'm a carpenter not a mechanic so how will I know how to do this?
Your fuel injectors get pulses that cause them to supply fuel to the cylinders, properly timed and of a proper length to get the correct air/fuel ratio. the pulse lengths vary with load, increasing as load increases, and as throttle is increased. The EPA requires a specified fuel efficiency and combustion gas exhaust limitations, which causes the engine to run fairly lean, resulting in reduced power and increased engine heat.

The TFI and EJK tuners extend the length of each injector pulse by a user adjustable amount, allowing more fuel in the mix...resulting in more power and reduced engine heat. They also allow you to increase fuel in the mix as will be required by most modifications you can make (exhaust, air filter and air box, cams, etc.).

Enjoy,
Rich P

What A.F.R. is everybody running? Anyone have a clue?

No one single number can answer that question. It constantly changes according to engine conditions. The current (2007-2011) Delphi ECM fuel map has a possible 204 different values depending on the RPM (750-6000) and engine load (20-100Kpa).

Even if you were to trim off the below idle and red line cells, you still would have a possible 156 different A/F values.

Back