free website stats program TFI Question | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

TFI Question

Will a TFI be of any benefit if I have a stock air filter and Rinehart pipes? No other modifications. 2009 Road Glide !!

Go for it! I have an 09 RG completely stock. Throttle response is a bit better and smoother and it really cooled down the right side. I am still working on dialing it in. Get about 44-42 mpg on the highway and about 37 around town. I have all the power that I need. Don't forget to tell them you are on this site and if you are veteran, they have discounts.
Russell

Another +++ tuner gives flexability for future upgrade adjustments. Probably some of the best $$$ spent on my bike & one of the 1st mods - thanks to this forum.:D

Yea I do plan to do some cam upgrades in the future so the TFI would be needed for that. I'm not a vet but retired and thanks to all you vets (Iceman24) and current servicemen for what your service to keep the this best country on earth (no matter what some people say). I will be ordering soon!

Yea I do plan to do some cam upgrades in the future so the TFI would be needed for that. I'm not a vet but retired and thanks to all you vets (Iceman24) and current servicemen for what your service to keep the this best country on earth (no matter what some people say). I will be ordering soon!

Don't forget to use the 50$ and free shipping Offered for HDT members.. Pm dobecks so they Know you are a member.. then SAVE:newsmile093:

I did full stage one, TFI, and later added the SE255's and WoW... WOW...

signed....BUBBIE

OH Boy, wait til you try it you will be surprised, you can dial it in and will be good to go for future mods:s

I did that and got the $50 discount and free shipping. The Dobeck people respond quickly to email questions. That's a heck of a lot better than most companies I haave delt with.. I let Chris at Dobeck know that I learned about their TFI on the HDTimeline forum!!

Yes, Yes, Yes to all of the responses,,,,,,,,,,,,, Love my Dobeck TFI. These are the same guys who helped me a few years back,,,,,,,,, GREAT BUNCH HERE:)

Just finished install of a Gen3 on ultraduc's '11 electra glide, very easy install. Question, should we bump the idle tune as suggested with the pot set type. Meaning should we set bike idle at 2000 then raise the idle on the TFI until motor stumbles then back off a half? or just leave it at Dolbeck settings. This puts him to a full stage 1, Rhinehart slip-ons, SE filter kit and TFI Gen3.

Just finished install of a Gen3 on ultraduc's '11 electra glide, very easy install. Question, should we bump the idle tune as suggested with the pot set type. Meaning should we set bike idle at 2000 then raise the idle on the TFI until motor stumbles then back off a half? or just leave it at Dolbeck settings. This puts him to a full stage 1, Rhinehart slip-ons, SE filter kit and TFI Gen3.

Remember, these bikes get HOT quick.. I take a BIG fan and let it blow across from right frontside toward and thru the engine..

Yes the way that works good is 1800/2000 rpm (fast idle) starting at low setting on green pot, increase until it stumbles and has too much fuel, Back off the number until it smooths out.... Like a carb setting Smoooth... How close is it to the suggested Number given by Dobecks??? This is how to set it to EACH individual bike.....Leave others as suggested .. Ride and feel the bike..Good?? GOOD...

If you go to questions answered by TFI Questions Answered By Dobeck - Harley Davidson Community It will read there in one of the answers from Dallas to do Just what I said.. and other setting to try IF NEEDED...:newsmile011:

signed....BUBBIE

Look at it like this. HD builds a great bike that runs great. Stock it designed to meet a wide range of riders needs while staying with in strict limits set by the EPA.
The TFI allows you to color out side those lines, it also allows you to take full advantage of most reasonable mods you make. It does this with a unit that is easy to use, almost caveman level to install, it has room to grow with you , at a price that will not break the bank and is as reliable as any product can be..
When you ready to move on from stock,or if you feel it is time for a little more the TFI is well worth it for most riders.

Awhile back your advice was enough for me to pull the trigger. Thanks, I'm glad I did and got the TFI for my classic. I just ordered dresser duals and may add a SE255 cam. Do I need a different tuner with "Timing" features or can I keep my "simple as pie" TFI ?
SC

Back