free website stats program tfi on the way | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

tfi on the way

Well it's done ,was getting late so I just set it between the recommended setting for stage 1 and stock .I have Cobra Tri - Ovals on it and put a K&N A/C on with the TFI .You guys weren't lying , it's a difference that you can feel at the seat of your pants .Hopefully I'll get a chance to dial it in tomorrow .

Well it's done ,was getting late so I just set it between the recommended setting for stage 1 and stock .I have Cobra Tri - Ovals on it and put a K&N A/C on with the TFI .You guys weren't lying , it's a difference that you can feel at the seat of your pants .Hopefully I'll get a chance to dial it in tomorrow .

SEE

NOW you are TALKING Our Language....:D

signed....BUBBIE

I have a 2011 flhx with 1200 mi. ..on this last tank of gas i got 43.8 mpg, total stock bike..as the bike is breaking in i am getting better mileage, do i,,,or should i think about this tfi/ A/c/ and exhaust or wait for a bit? thanks..i am a bit hesitant as with this mileage i cant really ask for more, and i was doing about 70 mph with this..so i am waivering on what to do..???? thanks,ryd:D

I have a 2011 flhx with 1200 mi. ..on this last tank of gas i got 43.8 mpg, total stock bike..as the bike is breaking in i am getting better mileage, do i,,,or should i think about this tfi/ A/c/ and exhaust or wait for a bit? thanks..i am a bit hesitant as with this mileage i cant really ask for more, and i was doing about 70 mph with this..so i am waivering on what to do..???? thanks,ryd:D

I'm almost 100% certain no one does the Stage 1 (TFI/Air Cleaner/Exhaust you refer to) simply to improve their mileage. In fact, it will drop your mileage a bit since you are adding some fuel to richen up your motor some. The Stage 1 is to reduce the factory lean condition your bikes comes off the showroom floor with and to alter the sound coming from the exhaust. Many claim a boost in power as well but if you look at the charts, it's pretty small until you start messing with cams or do a higher Stage.

If you're happy with your mileage and the sound of your bike, i wouldn't do a thing for a while. The more you ride it, the more you will understand what you want to change and this will point you in the right direction for future mods.

We had a New Member a while back Argue the Point and Benefits of Stock to stage One and a TFI.. Saying he didn't WANT to change out HIS bike from stock..

Not believing that the stock bike Does Run LEAN and Hotter off the show-room floor UNTIL **After he did a full stage one/TFI,,,

**What Changed his mind was Looking and FOLLOWING, "like bikes" of friends that have done the IMPROVEMENTS stated here...

You HAVE to NOT Mind the drop in MPG, Less Heat, Cooler Running benefits, or you'll be disappointed......

My 46/47 mpg stock went to a solid 42 mpg on my 09 FLHR, full stage one with TFI and SE255 cams.. Yes MANY follow me, MORE Ways than One....:D

Some of these TC bikes off the show room floor get up to 48/50 MPG , and I have heard More in brag from a few riders..

If you WANT good mileage then STAY TOO LEAN and STOCK.... Harley Does a GREAT job of getting the BEST mileage out of their Bikes..(EPA Approved)

Now IF you want a Better Running Bike (IMHO) do a full stage-one , and Get a TFI/Gen3 and install it ... It is called PERFORMANCE Enhancement..

These improvements do the job Right in My Book..

No Push, No Shove , Just MY plain facts.

signed....BUBBIE

excellent reply guys,(n gals) ..i will take all this into account, i think i could handle a mpg drop for a more efficient ride that MAY make the bike last a tad longer, and some pipe sound for safety perspective is not bad also.
Thanks again..ryd.

Well I didn't put the mods on my bike looking for more fuel mileage .But then again everyone gets better mileage than I do .I'm always hearing about bikes getting 45 - 55 mpg .Mine wouldn't get 45 if you threw it out of a plane . I've only gotten over 40 on 2 tanks in 12,500 miles . Most of the time I get about 38 -39 .I'm on first tank since adding the TFI and A/C ,so we'll see what happens to the mileage by the end of the week.

Like some others, I never got anywhere near 50mpg with my bike stock. People must have a lot of downhill stretches and tailwinds where they live compared to me.

I could get low to mid 40's at a steady cruise on the interstate when the bike was stock. After TFI install it dropped dramatically but it was because I had some settings wrong. I've continued tweaking and got 42mpg out of my last tank returning from Bike Week.

I didn't buy my bike for miles per gallon. I bought it for SMILES per gallon. I did the Stage 1 to cool the motor a bit and deepen the exhaust sound without making it too loud and obnoxious. My setup is perfect for me right now - TFI+SE Stage 1 Air Cleaner+SE Street Performance Slip Ons.

mlrc10 I got a feeling your first few tanks after the mods will go down because you will be riding a little harder with the tfi and pipes. wait a while untill you get used to the mods before you get serious about the milage.But injoy the new power and cooler running engine

Back