free website stats program Super Deal - Battery Tender Jr. | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Super Deal - Battery Tender Jr.

Thanks guys I'll pick one up at Harbour Frieght in Port Huron on the way through next week:D

IMHO stay with the brand "Battery Tender"... I had one of the "Float Chargers" from Harbor Freight which failed internally after about two days, & it fried my $98. Sportster battery. After trouble shooting, I found the "Float Charger" started putting out 19 volts, hence the "Cooked" battery. My lesson learned... :small3d007:

Found a dealer in Belgium, got one, now the bike is sittin' there being charged! Thanks for the tip!

Kris

I have the jr. battery tender and since it has gotten real cold and wet for the last week. I plugged in my charger. Have not changes fluids yet since I'm not done riding for the winter yet. Question is on the tender when I plugged it in of course it shows the red flashing light showing charging, it has been plugged in for 4 days and still shows red flashing light. How long does it take to get to green showen charged?

OL55Forever has a good point and likely bad cell?...honestly that same thing happened when charging an old scooter battery...thought there was something wrong with the charger, but it was a bad cell in the battery.

Being as PPT's ride is so new, I would have the dealer load check the battery "-just to be sure" as the Battery Tender charge calibration voltage detect window comes precalibrated and normally very precise.

I have the jr. battery tender and since it has gotten real cold and wet for the last week. I plugged in my charger. Have not changes fluids yet since I'm not done riding for the winter yet. Question is on the tender when I plugged it in of course it shows the red flashing light showing charging, it has been plugged in for 4 days and still shows red flashing light. How long does it take to get to green showen charged?

The Red flashing light means that the charger thinks that the battery is NOT connected to the charger. (Solid red light means it is charging, flashing green means charging with battery above 80% capacity, and solid green mean charger is monitoring battery - see top of the charger).

Recheck your attachments. If that is all OK, get a DVOM and check the plug end connected to the battery side. If you have 12+ volts, then you have continuity there. Check the charger end plug. This will be very low current (12V, 750 mA), and you will have to use some sort of pigtails so that you can use your meter in series to check the amperage. I am guessing that if you have continuity from the plug to the battery (12V+ across the plug), there is something wrong with the charger or the wire from the charger.

TQ

Opps, I forgot that there is an inline fuse to the Battery Tender harness, that should be 2-7.5A fuse, depending on what is labeled on the covered holder...my bad!:small3d007:

Thanks to the boys on this site again!I was heading down to Barb's HD tomorrow,Dec.5,for the annual Christmas party to purchase a tender for 40.00.I just ordered one from Jafrum yesterday for 30.05 including shipping.Thanks again guys!

Opps, I forgot that there is an inline fuse to the Battery Tender harness, that should be 2-7.5A fuse, depending on what is labeled on the covered holder...my bad!:small3d007:

Absolutely! Forgot that myself. More than likely the fuse is blown.

TQ

Back