Summer trip is starting to take shape.

Discussion in 'Road Trips/Touring' started by STEVE07, Jun 1, 2012.

1. STEVE07

STEVE07 Well-Known Member Staff Member Super Moderators

I got my tickets today for the night race in Daytona July 7th.Room is booked:)
    I will be leaving Ontario July 4th. to leave me lots of time to ride the mountains and shoreline on my way to Daytona,after that I am thinking about heading back to New Orleans for a couple of nights,then Texas,maybe Arizona if time permits.
    We are so busy at work that I shouldn't be going,but none of us are getting any younger.Besides that I will be in Florida for Jack's birthday!:D:D

2. lorne

lorne Senior Member

sounds like a nice trip. enjoy to the max, still have a couple days left on my trip and loving it. oh yea and please don't let Jack use the camera as we are expecting photos

3. Redfish-Joe

Redfish-Joe Senior Member

Head this was and we'll show ya a good time big boy!! :lolrolling
    Maybe even a pot of gumbo!!

4. oldhippie

oldhippie Senior Member

Have a safe trip Steve.

5. STEVE07

Going to be passing by real close to you Joe.
    Looking forward to it!:D

6. flipper

flipper Account Removed

Holler at us and maybe we can meet too!!! At the Shed???

7. STEVE07

8. flipper

flipper Account Removed

Yeah, Steve, that's the place I'm talking about. I believe Joe has spoken highly of it in the past, and it got 6th place in votes for best bar-b-q in Southern Living Magazine's reader poll this past month. We've never been there though.

9. R_W_B

R_W_B Senior Member

Steve if possible in your schedule I would like to meet you for lunch or a beer this time. I missed everybody at Ocala last year, my wife and I had some cash flow and health issues at the time, but things have leveled out a bit on all fronts.

If possible would like to meet you this trip. I (we'd) be willing to drive to where ever you are, Daytona, Ocala whatever. If we have to be there real early though it will probably just be me.

Anyhow I know you have plans but if it is a workable thing would like to meet you and have a short visit before we head our ways.

10. Breeze3at

Breeze3at Well-Known Member

Let me know your route South, and maybe I can meet up with you somewhere in GA for lunch.