Sturgis

Discussion in 'Road Trips/Touring' started by Jack Klarich, Aug 14, 2011.

1. Jack Klarich

Jack Klarich Expert Member

The Readhead and I are finally home after our trip. About 100 miles from Mn, the 1995 Ultra I was riding shut off in stop and go traffic, my left leg felt hot as I put the kick stand down I saw the starter cable had shorted on the exhaust pipe and was on fire, I got the seat off and rerouted the burned cable enough to make it back to my parents house where I had spare cables. It was fixed in about 5 minutes better than new IMO We had a great time I ended up riding 2100 miles that trip, The Redhead did 550 miles in Sturgis and never once complained All in all a Good Trip:s But it is good to be back home with my puter and my friends here at H D TALKING, Capital Jack and The Redhead

2. Jack Klarich

Good to be back Tank, great trip I have not been since 2000, many said I could not do it but I fooled them all and rode 2100 miles but it sure is good to be home Nice Color you wear it WELL:s

3. HarryB737

HarryB737 Junior Member

Welcome back Jack, Glad you & your wife had a Good time. I hope you'll get some rest.

4. R_W_B

R_W_B Senior Member

Yes welcome back Jack, glad you two had a good (and safe) time. But where are the PICS ? That starter cable didn't burn the camera did it ?

5. fin_676

fin_676 Experienced Member Staff Member Moderator Contributor

So the story may be that the arcing from the battery cable created an electro magnetic pulse that wiped the memory card in the camera

Brian

6. geezer

geezer Senior Member Contributor

You're quick today Brian. :D

7. fin_676

fin_676 Experienced Member Staff Member Moderator Contributor

I must be just waking up although it will be bed time soon

Brian

8. Backroad Rider

Backroad Rider Active Member

Jack, glad you and the better half had a good time and made it home ok, it's the little things that happen on the road that make you appreciate the ride all the more.
    As others have said, where are the pix.
    Bill

9. mat 60

mat 60 Senior Member

I to am glad you and your wife made it home all good jack..:)

10. Jack Klarich

No electro magnetic pulses this time, I will be getting pics soon, once again I charged the Redheads batteries in her Sony, they died but my brother took lots of pics and wil E mail them and I will post them soon as I get them:s