free website stats program Street Glider Advice On Trade IN" | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Street Glider Advice On Trade IN"

Along with the others I would say wait on the 2010s, in the meantime post yours for sale, see if you can sell it privately till those come out. Best case scenario you sell it early and well you go ahead with the 09, Worse Case you end up where you are now, trading it into the dealer.

I would really consider trying to sell it on your own.

Here are a couple of things that stick out in my mind.

#1 - You will certainly get better money for your bike

#2 - The trade in sales tax advantage is gone with the "stimulus" package

JMHO

I'm glad I had my coffe first and was sitting down" Just bought it for $17K and they now offered $13500 on a trade on a 19K bike, think I will keep what I have and add some detachable saddle bags and windshied for road trips.

Thank you

I'm glad I had my coffe first and was sitting down" Just bought it for $17K and they now offered $13500 on a trade on a 19K bike, think I will keep what I have and add some detachable saddle bags and windshied for road trips.

Thank you

hmmm, thats exactly what barttoday posted, the KBB value being $13,500.

windshield and saddlebags is what I have on my softail :)

have a look here if you like:

Leather Motorcycle Luggage - Fox Creek Leather

they have some decent stuff for longer trips, I bought a travelbag
and some other stuff from them, all ok and great service.

just a small plug for a company I am very happy with.

If you still REALLY want to do some "serious, long weekend trips" as you stated in your OP, you may want to rethink the strategy of forcing your current bike to fill that role. If you're going to tour, you just cannot beat the comfort and functionality of a Touring model HD.

Now, it appears that financially there's no way you're going to be able to trade for a new one without significant amounts of new cash coming from you.

Several options:
1) Do not trade in your bike - sell it yourself and get several thousand dollars more
2) Consider a well cared for, low mileage USED Touring bike
3) Combine option 1 and option 2 and you might come out closer to even than you think. Of course you lose that special feeling of riding a new bike but there's time for that in your future!

Back