free website stats program street glide | Harley Davidson Forums

street glide

JJDH

ok i have the 2010 street glide. i know most are partial to duals on a bagger. i have learned that a 2 into 1 is better performance. the stock pipe has a catalitic converter in it now. any opinions if it would perform even better without the catalytic converter? instead of a slip on do the whole thing. second question is the 2 into 1 better than true duals?

better without the converter .. and while 2:1 might supposedly perform better they sound funky ..

i prefer true duals the supposed loss of hp you get with them is false i say ...sure sure dyno might show something but seat of pant dyno says it don't feel any loss it feels a heck of a lot better and more powerful.. i just did a over 2k ride with a lot of it in the mountains and i sure wasnt hurting for power climbing the grades at all

JMO

now being a 2010 and different header design that all might go out the window then again probley not same will still apply

Last edited:
ok, that is good food for thought. more research is in store. gettin antsy wanting to get the stage one complete.

as far as performance a 2-1 will give you better then True duel setup , I see the 2010 has a 2-1 setup on your SG and the RG custom ,I see HD is using a supertrapp muffler for an upgrade on your system , you might want to consider the slipon for your system ,I dont know what is avalible yet for the stock 2-1 from other aftermarket co. you might want to check around and see whats out there and or wait if you dont like the supertrapp disk style muffler offerd by HD for there upgrade.Personly I like the 2-1 look on the SG and the new RG.but thats just me. take your time and enjoy your new bike good luck

I must be old school but I think baggers look funny with just one pipe.I guess it is the look of balance that is missing. I love my tru-duals.

Like I said it all about what you like and I like the look on the 2010 SG and RG with the stock 2-1 , another heads up to make sure what ever you buy is for a 2010 all other years will not fit (due to the new 02 sensors that are being used , and also location of them , the new style o2 sensors are half the size in thread and in overall size.

d and d let me know that they will have the full exhaust in a couple of weeks. you are right about the o2 sensors

Back