free website stats program street glide | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

street glide

I've been looking at 2-1 also,I have tried all kinds of different baffles in my V&H slip ons to no evale(i think i spelled that right?) But I have noticed for shure that just putting a set of open less restrictive slip ons on my bike made the low rpm torque suffer a noticeable loss. I currently have a custom made baffle in the left side that restricts the exhaust flow and the factory V&H baffle in the right side. I also took the Arlen ness big sucker off and replaced it with the stock a/c set up. The bottom end torque is better and the bike is running noticeably cooler. I personally don't believe that the stock motor needs 2" exhaust or straight through mufflers.JMTCW.

Last edited:
I've been looking at 2-1 also,I have tried all kinds of different baffles in my V&H slip ons to no evale(i think i spelled that right?) But I have noticed for shure that just putting a set of open less restrictive slip ons on my bike made the low rpm torque suffer a noticeable loss. I currently have a custom made baffle in the left side that restricts the exhaust flow and the factory V&H baffle in the right side. I also took the Arlen ness big sucker off and replaced it with the stock a/c set up. The bottom end torque is better and the bike is running noticeably cooler. I personally don't believe that the stock motor needs 2" exhaust or straight through mufflers.JMTCW.
did u tune the bike with a type of tuner. kind of sounds backwards????????????????

Yeah, i have a Cobra fi2000 but I'm saving for the race tuner and a set of 2-1's.I've been looking at the Cobra 2-1s because I like the way the rear cylinder pipe is routed.

Yeah, i have a Cobra fi2000 but I'm saving for the race tuner and a set of 2-1's.I've been looking at the Cobra 2-1s because I like the way the rear cylinder pipe is routed.
cool. proper tuning will result in more performance than stock, these bikes are choked down from the factory, most of the time they dont even run their best from the factory. each bike is different, from monday to friday as far as how its built

Yeah,right.The reason for the baffle change and changing the a/c back to stock was the fact that the bike suffered on take off as far as torque was concerned and the only thing I found to stop the low rpm decel popping was to change the a/c back to stock.

all i know is im on pins and needles waiting for an exhaust to hit the market, still waiting for my parts from harley to lower the front end.

Have you looked in the jp cycles catalogue yet? Have a look at these guys too (americancustom.com) theyre doing some cool stuff with stock muflers! At any rate good luck and keep us posted as to your choice,I will be interested to know what you settled with.

no tuner needed? i called this company for info about the 2 into one exhaust. the builder/ dyno/ design/ owner/ guy informed me that on th 09,s the computer got more advanced, now for 2010 it is even further along with the new 02 sensers, meaning that the computer will now compensate for a stage one on its own. he said at high elevations u would prolly need a tuner still. he told me that they have tested their bike quite a bit and with the exhaust they designed(this is a main stream company) and a heavy breather,the bike doesnt need a tuner, the performance will not change a bit with or without the tuner,this is due to the new o2 sensors... he said the computer isnt as advanced as a car yet, but it will compensate mixtures enough for road riding

Back