free website stats program Street glide vs Ultra | Harley Davidson Forums

Street glide vs Ultra

Klaus

I have a street glide, but my wife wants a ultra looks more confortable she said, what do you think? is that true ? justo a look ?

Help!!!:bigsmiley22:

Well, they don't call it an Ultra for no reason!

Right off the showroom floor, the Ultra is more comfy for a passenger but there are LOTS of things you can do to make your SG better in that regard. Better seat with more cushioning in the passenger area is number one. Replace the foot pegs with floor boards. Get a backrest with a nice, wide, padded area to lean back on. Different windshields can deflect more of the air up and over both the rider and passenger. Upgrade the speakers so the passenger can hear the music better.

Have I spent enough of your $$$ yet? :lolrolling

I have a street glide, but my wife wants a ultra looks more confortable she said, what do you think? is that true ? justo a look ?

Help!!!:bigsmiley22:

I have a quick detach tour pack and a Street Glide seat I use on my EG Classic when the tp is off. If I want my wife to go with me, I have to put the original seat and tour pack on. Wider passenger seat area and a comfy backrest. The Ultra has rear speakers that she may hear a bit better. Plus the Street glide has lowered suspension which makes the ride a little harsher in some folks opinion.

I have an 08 Street Glide, my wife wondered the same thing, I installed a new seat from an 09' Electra Glide (huge difference), installed a taller windshield, installed a detachable tour pack with the built in backrest, and she loves it now.

These are two totally different concepts even though they are based on the same bike. The Ultra is designed for ultimate in comfort while touring. The Street Glide is a stripped down version that is more utilitarian in its uses be it cruising around town/ bar hopping or touring. The ride is not as plush as the Ultra, but for touring it is acceptable for the person that doe not need as much gear. And then there is the "COOL" factor. The Street Glide has that boulevard attitude that cannot be matched by any other bagger. :D:D:D

Keep in mind moving to a 2009 or 2010 Ultra you will experience the new chassis and improved handling qualities. The 2011 are to have corrected 5th gear whine.

The 2010's have the helical cut 5th gear in the tranny too. If you can get a good deal on a 2010 go for it. i would get rid of the cat first before anything if you got one. I had a 04 flhti and the difference in the ride is amazing. The shocks on a flhx have 1" less travel so the ride quality will be better, but like the good Dr Doolittle said enough money and your bike will suffice it's all up to you.

2010 took care of the 5th gear whine, although on my 09 I don't even notice it. Apparently some are worse than others ansd I got lucky. I would get the Ultra and get the kit to remove the tour pack, hence the best of both worlds........ :)

From the seat, they look the same so your decision needs to come down to what fits your riding style the best, and of course, what makes your wife excited about getting on the bike. Looks mean a lot when your off the bike, but I have looked at more than a few really cool looking Ultra's. A happy passenger makes a happy rider.

Back