free website stats program Street glide vs Ultra | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Street glide vs Ultra

2010 took care of the 5th gear whine, although on my 09 I don't even notice it. Apparently some are worse than others ansd I got lucky. I would get the Ultra and get the kit to remove the tour pack, hence the best of both worlds........ :)

I'd never remove the tour pak. :(
Its one of the main reasons I bought an Ultra. The convenience of having it surpasses any accessary I've ever had. I alway's have whatever I need very handy & easy to access. :s Once you have a tour pak I can't imagine riding without one.:)

Interesting conversation, the cute blonde that sits on the back of my bike (98 Fatboy) calls my 2006 Street Glide a "minivan". I guess she doesn't consider comfort the main issue.

I'd never remove the tour pak. :(
Its one of the main reasons I bought an Ultra. The convenience of having it surpasses any accessary I've ever had. I alway's have whatever I need very handy & easy to access. :s Once you have a tour pak I can't imagine riding without one.:)

Look at a couple of posts above and you will see the conversion as posted by Smitty.

I agree It is a convenience I love to have, but someday when I get the jingle, I will have the kit just so I have the option.

I have a street glide, but my wife wants a ultra looks more confortable she said, what do you think? is that true ? justo a look ?

Help!!!:bigsmiley22:

I rode the new Road Glide Ultra last Friday before deciding on the Limited instead. The RGU has Ultra style lowers, bags, tour pak, etc., but with the frame mounted fairing. It was nice, but I noticed a lot of head buffeting coming over the short windshield, which is way out in front of you. Also, the handle bars had me leaning way too far forward. I imagine the passenger would get it in the face. But, it's still a slick lookin' machine!

Back