free website stats program Street Glide Seat Question | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Street Glide Seat Question

I have a Mustang Daytripper wide, drops you down and back about inch an a half. Ihad a 8 in clearview, had to change to a 7in cv . Iam happy with the Mustang seat:D

All of the previous posts give good information. However keep in mind the lower a seat goes (unless it's moving you forward and down the fender some) you are loosing padding, which could affect your comfort depending on how hard (or young) your tail is.

Wow...that badlander looked pretty "bad" on your 2012 - wonder if they sold you wrong year. FLHX changed seat design in 2010 & maybe again on your 2012 (deeper bucket). Either way - glad you got it returned & I bet the new seat will look much better. Also, from another recommendation, keep Mean City Cycles as a final option. Sent my stock seat in last winter for double memory foam, 1.5" forward + 1" lower and am realy pleased w/their work. Allen & hist crew are top notch!!

Mean City Cycles - Custom Seat Modifications

I'm 5'8" 30" inseam and have a 3 pc mustang the seat is smaller not as wide than the identicle one on my 1300 VTX.
I love the looks but not quite as comfortable as the VTX. I do have enough feet on the ground with this seat.

I just switched out the 3" pull back bars to stock bars which I think is a mistake but will give it a try. Next set of bars will be 10 or 11" with a 2 to 3" pull back. I dont want apes but I do want a little more heigth and close to me also the wrist's need to be straighter for my liking.

All of the previous posts give good information. However keep in mind the lower a seat goes (unless it's moving you forward and down the fender some) you are loosing padding, which could affect your comfort depending on how hard (or young) your tail is.

that makes no sense. It depends on the type of padding,how wide the seat pan is cut and shaped, There is a lot more to making a seat lower than taking padding out, My stock seat twice as thick as my mustang seat, guess witch one is more comfortable:naughty

I have the HD reach seat and it fits fine. I've had a couple of 650 mile days solo and not a problem doing 450 plus with wife. I'm 5'8" and with the seat its easy to get both feet on the ground.

Wow...that badlander looked pretty "bad" on your 2012 - wonder if they sold you wrong year.

I was wondering the same thing. I have seen pics of other people with the Badlander and it looks really good and tight. I triple checked the part #'s and it was the right # for my year. O well I'm glad to be rid of it.

New seat will be here this Wednesday. I'll post up some pics.

I have the Corbin Gambler on my Street Glide. (I am 5'10"). I have over 20k miles in that particular seat, including a couple of 800+ mile days and it is extremely comfortable (for the rider and the passenger). It also adds a nice line to the overall appearance of the SG. The seat uses a keylock mechanism for ease of removal while keeping it secure from theft. The seat can be ordered in a couple of different stitch-patterns. Kind of pricey but, well worth it when comfort is at stake.

The seat arrived Wednesday and I have to say I am very impressed with the quality of the seat. There were tags and stickers all over it signed by people who checked the leather, stitching, packaging and one person who unboxed the entire seat and re-checked everything. The seat is very narrow and lowers you about 1 1/2. It sits in the bike perfect. The seat is firm but that's how I like it. 100% satisfied!

IMAG0046.jpg

The seat was resting on these instead of the frame and they were pinching the seat on the sides so I took them off. The seat sits perfectly on the frame now. If you look close you can see them in the pics.
IMAG0042.jpg

IMAG0043.jpg

IMAG0044.jpg

Back