Street Glide Seat Question

Discussion in 'Touring Models' started by lhgdale, Dec 18, 2011.

1. lhgdale

lhgdale Member

Hello, I bought a Harley Badlander seat for my 2012 Street Glide a week ago. I bought it because I liked the style of the seat and that it was low profile. I have put a few hundred miles on the seat and it's pretty comfortable but the quality is just not there. The seat has these bad wrinkles in it and I have tried my best to over look them but I am just not pleased.

My question is, I want a 2 up seat that really lowers my seating height. I'm around 5'9 with a 30" inseam. I have looked at Danny Greay and Lepera like the looks of some of their seats. Just looking for some suggestions. Thanks

[​IMG]

2. chuck60

chuck60 Active Member

That doe's look pretty bad, you can try a mustang seat every one that has one seems to like them.

3. 67wizard

67wizard Junior Member

try a sundowner deep bucket.

4. martillo

martillo Active Member

I would try Mean City Cycles, a lot of people on here have great things to say about them, also a bunch cheaper than a new seat.

5. Jack Klarich

Jack Klarich Expert Member

That is pretty poor quality IMO from the MOCO. Did you get a refund? I would be looking at Corbin or Mustang seats, They are spendy but well worth it JMO

6. lhgdale

lhgdale Member

I will definately give them a call if I can't return the seat. I've heard alot of good things.

I searched the mustang website and I really like the look of the Tripper Fastback. Would this seat lower my ride height? I don't see any info on that. Thanks

Tripper Fastback Seat - Harley-Davidson FLHT/FLTR/FLHX/FLHR 75646 | Mustang Motorcycle Seats

7. lhgdale

lhgdale Member

After searching all day while at "work" I found these manufacturers that i am looking into Saddleman, Mustang, Danny Grey and Lepera. Gonna give them all a call tomorrow and see what they say. Also, gonna try and return the Badlander to the dealer tomorrow as well.

8. lhgdale

lhgdale Member

Hey guys just wanted to give an update. Parts guy had an attitude but did take the seat back and give me a refund. I also ordered a Predator seat from J&P. They are out of stock but said I should have it by the first of the year. I will post up some pics and my thoughts of the seat since I could not really find any reviews on the seat. Thanks

9. Indyrider

Indyrider Member

I have a 09 Streetglide, and like you I am 5'9 with a 30" inseam...I replaced the stock seat with a reach seat and 2" pulback bars. I rode this bike to Alaska and back from Indiana and the seat along with the bars was very comfortable.

10. hdrolling

hdrolling Member

My Sundowner sits me a little lower but puts me closer to the tank, I'm 5'8".